I'm starting the "Let's Trade Clements" bandwagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

I'm starting the "Let's Trade Clements" bandwagon...

Let's get rid of him for the best possible guard we can get, and a mandatory 4th, conditional 3rd in next year's draft.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Re: I'm starting the "Let's Trade Clements" bandwagon...

I would just take the best guard.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

No thanks. The players we drafted are nothing but unproven rookies. I say keep Clements for a year unless someone is willing to pay more than a 3rd. Our rookies can learn from Clements.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Not this year. We need him.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jersey1031
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
          Not this year. We need him.

Yea, we'll see how Youboty developes this year, but with the time our new DB's will be getting Clements doesn't deserve 7 something million dollars...
          "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            No thanks. The players we drafted are nothing but unproven rookies. I say keep Clements for a year unless someone is willing to pay more than a 3rd. Our rookies can learn from Clements.
            Why keep him if we're not going anywhere this year?

We don't need a distraction/non team player in the locker room, let Marv make an example of him.

In the process, this will give our pups some experience, who knows, we could be back to winning games with a suffocating D by week 8.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              • Sep 2002

You need to remember we will not have Clements here at the end of this year unless we pay him buku bucks... We should get rid of him now and get some value for him - while upgrading the O-line even more.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                Let's get rid of him for the best possible guard we can get... We should get rid of him now and get some value for him - while upgrading the O-line even more.

Trades are rare in the NFL, especially ones that include a player for another player, a draft pick would be more likely than trading him for an offensive lineman...
                "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

I personally believe that we need to see if Youboty is as good as advertised before we trade away our franchise cornerback. I'm pretty sure Nate signs a one-year tender, we make an assessment on Youboty's ability to start, then work from there next offseason.
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Finch1031
                    Trades are rare in the NFL, especially ones that include a player for another player, a draft pick would be more likely than trading him for an offensive lineman...
                    I guarantee you that if we shopped nate saying we wanted a guard + a mid round pick, we'd have a ton of potential takers.

Comment

• eyedog
                      • Jul 2002

If he was gonna get traded it would probably have been during the draft.
                      Sign him long term. Eventually youboty will start on the other side and Mcgee moves into the slot receiver. Simpson and Whitner at safety. I like that secondary. Big and fast and would match up with any set of receivers.
                      Stopping the run is a different story with the front seven.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                        If he was gonna get traded it would probably have been during the draft.
                        Sign him long term. Eventually youboty will start on the other side and Mcgee moves into the slot receiver. Simpson and Whitner at safety. I like that secondary. Big and fast and would match up with any set of receivers.
                        Stopping the run is a different story with the front seven.
                        Why?

Terrence McGee outperformed him last year.

We bump McGee up to #1, and then bring on Youboty or some of the other tweeners (like Baker/Greer) on our roster after they compete for #2/Nickel.

Comment

• eyedog
                          • Jul 2002

Why what ? Move Mcgee to the slot where he matches up better with the smaller/quick 3rd receiver ?
                          Mcgee was mostly covering the #2 while Clements had the #1. A receiver like Chad Johnson would give Mcgee a lot of problems with the size difference. Youboty is a big corner also.

Comment

• BigGabes23
                            • Mar 2006

Youboty feel a little because he is considered a tweener. He is NOT ready to start in this league as a corner. With so many holes to fill, why create another one at CB #1. I love youboty, but he needs to be brought in slowly. You people who don't think Clements is an impact safty are CRAZY. He has to be part of this team if we are going to be successful...

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Finch1031
                              Yea, we'll see how Youboty developes this year, but with the time our new DB's will be getting Clements doesn't deserve 7 something million dollars...
                              Nate will start full-time and Youboty will be no more than a nickel CB this year. Playing time is not an issue.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X