Should the bills have taken Matt Lienart at #8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Should the bills have taken Matt Lienart at #8??

Recently Marv in particular has taken some heat for not selecting a frachise qb like Matt Lienart.One should recognize that marv was a part of drafting triad consisting of himself, modrak and jauron. Back to Lienart, It's been said his arm strength was not a concern because he's made all the throws at USC, and has been often compared to Tom Brady in terms of deceptive arm strength. Somehow I find that if lienart were selected he wouldn't be openly received without some criticsm such as being another california qb(rob johnson) who doesn't understand blue collar life in buffalo(completely ridiculous reason not to take a player). I don't know about leinart, but rj came from a blue collar family(PA), yet he was blasted for being nothing but a pretty boy fun in the sun california dude.

Discuss.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Should the bills have taken Matt Lienart at #8??

Marv stated he liked Cutler best out of the three qb's and he still passed on him. So I doubt taking Matt was even a consideration.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• carybillsfan
      • Aug 2003

I'm not sold on JP or Nall or the other idiot, who I refuse to name. But we had to many holes to fill on a so-so qb prospect. Lienart is 3 years away from starting, it just too hard to tell how good he is.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I'm glad we didn't take him. I'm not sure Whitner was the best choice at 8, but he should still make an impact his first season. Matt Leinart will not.

Plus, I think we need to give Losman a real shot with a decent OL and decent offensive system before we give up on him, and we should see what Nall has.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I too think losman should get a shot and will eventually win the job, but for conversation purposes, I wanted to see everyone else thought about it becuase leinart is supposed to be the most nfl ready qb of the bunch.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
            I too think losman should get a shot and will eventually win the job, but for conversation purposes, I wanted to see everyone else thought about it becuase leinart is supposed to be the most nfl ready qb of the bunch.
            I doubt he has experienced the speed of the NFL though which most rookies talk about when they get there.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Marv is right- if we were going to draft a QB Cutler was the best fit for us because Leinart's soft throws would never work in windy, cold Buffalo.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

With as many holes as the team had, taking Leinart woulda been a mistake IMHO. That being said, with the QBs we do have on this roster I see us drafting a QB next year. I'm still POd that Omar Jacobs was allowed to fall in the 5th round and we didn't take a chance on him considering I do in fact see us having to take a QB next year. Unless we all go "well, give JP another year to develop."

Unfortunately I'm not sold on any of the QBs on this roster. For different reasons on each guy, and the one of the three that I hate the most is the most able to lead us to victories. That being that Holcomb guy.

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                  Marv is right- if we were going to draft a QB Cutler was the best fit for us because Leinart's soft throws would never work in windy, cold Buffalo.
                  But doesn't Tom brady supposedly have a weak arm too? Leinart's arm has been underrated, he says. I've never seen him have much trouble throwing the ball when he's killed the bills up in buffalo.

Comment

• dannyek71
                    Drink Responsibly
                    • Dec 2004

we should have drafted him, then immediatly traded him to the highest bidder.
                    [

Comment

• MVP
                      Bring The Pain
                      • Apr 2006

Simply NO!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Unless we all go "well, give JP another year to develop."
                        as far as I'm concerned, if JP gets significant playing time this season and does not improve tremendously, he should be cut.

If he doesn't get significant playing time, the new coaching staff is as bad as the old one (barring an injury of course- can't hold that against the coaching staff).
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kerr
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          as far as I'm concerned, if JP gets significant playing time this season and does not improve tremendously, he should be cut.

If he doesn't get significant playing time, the new coaching staff is as bad as the old one (barring an injury of course- can't hold that against the coaching staff).
                          You're right. This is JP's last year to make progress. Otherwise, I'm hoping the bills start trading picks to move up into the brady quinn sweepstakes.

Comment

• dannyek71
                            Drink Responsibly
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

Also assume that he is not getting sacked 2nd step into the 3 step drop as well.
                            [

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X