PDA

View Full Version : Reyes and A-Train contract numbers

Italian Stallion
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Bills | Contract update: A. Thomas
Mon, 1 May 2006 11:39:34 -0700

Buffalo Bills RB Anthony Thomas signed a one-year contract with the Bills that contained a base salary of $585,000 (2006).

Bills | Contract update: T. Reyes
Mon, 1 May 2006 11:37:59 -0700

Buffalo Bills OL Tutan Reyes signed a two-year contract with the Bills that contained base salaries of $585,000 (2006) and $1 million (2007).

casdhf
05-01-2006, 01:51 PM
steals

justasportsfan
05-01-2006, 01:51 PM
here come the overpaid remarks.

OpIv37
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM
here come the overpaid remarks.

?? 585 is vet min. There's no way to get them cheaper except not sign them at all.

Jersey1031
05-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Their making basically the minimum, we can't do better than that...

BillsFever21
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Finally a couple good deals. A-Train will make a better backup then Shaud Williams.

His rookie year A-Train looked like a stud. He fell off after that but he is still a good guy to have on your roster.

We paid about Reyes' worth. He isn't anything special but I'm sure he will be an upgrade over Bennie Anderson. Hopefully he will turn into a decent starter for a couple years.

Don't Panic
05-01-2006, 02:16 PM
A potential starter for the vet minimum? I'd say that's a bit lower than his worth! Great deals, both of them. Now if we can only go back in time, trade down to #15 and add a pick, keep our 2nd and 3rd, we'll be all set!

Michael82
05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Nice numbers! :bf1:

I just hope that Reyes agrees to an extension at the end of the year after he tears it up as our new stud LG. :pray:

patmoran2006
05-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Finally a couple good deals. A-Train will make a better backup then Shaud Williams.

His rookie year A-Train looked like a stud. He fell off after that but he is still a good guy to have on your roster.

We paid about Reyes' worth. He isn't anything special but I'm sure he will be an upgrade over Bennie Anderson. Hopefully he will turn into a decent starter for a couple years.
that scares me because when we signed Bennie Anderson that's the exact same thing people said about him.

And Reyes already is a decent starter, he started all 16 games last year for Carolina.

Those are can't-miss deals for Buffalo.. With A Train got nothing to lose.

But with Reyes it aint about the money.. WE didnt invest in a guard in the draft, this dude BETTER be our new starting LG.

Dozerdog
05-01-2006, 09:26 PM
?? 585 is vet min. There's no way to get them cheaper except not sign them at all.Reed is getting $600,000 salary this season but you've called it a "ridiculous contract extention"

Mr. Cynical
05-01-2006, 09:36 PM
All I have to say is you get what you pay for.

OpIv37
05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Reed is getting $600,000 salary this season but you've called it a "ridiculous contract extention"

because he's worthless. He has done nothing to deserve even being on this roster.

and btw his TOTAL contract is something like $10 million over 4 years, for a 3rd down receiver.

Dozerdog
05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
because he's worthless. He has done nothing to deserve even being on this roster.

and btw his TOTAL contract is something like $10 million over 4 years, for a 3rd down receiver.And do you honestly think he will see most of it if he continues to do nothing?

But again- it's a better reaction if we go all spastic over a contract for effect.
"Ridiculous" "outlandish" Bla...bla...bla.....

For a 3rd or 4th WR, I'd rather go with Reed than bring in someone else.Plus, Reed can actually block on running plays.

OpIv37
05-01-2006, 10:48 PM
And do you honestly think he will see most of it if he continues to do nothing?

But again- it's a better reaction if we go all spastic over a contract for effect.
"Ridiculous" "outlandish" Bla...bla...bla.....

For a 3rd or 4th WR, I'd rather go with Reed than bring in someone else.Plus, Reed can actually block on running plays.

if it doesn't work, don't fix it. Wasn't that TD's strategy?

I just can't believe people are supporting the signing of a player who has never done anything for this team. Like they can't teach a decent receiver to block downfield? You're giving Reed credit for something he's SUPPOSED to do. Might as well say "I like Losman cuz he can hand off on running plays".

Tatonka
05-01-2006, 11:40 PM
reed played well last year.. didnt he have something like 18 catches for first downs?

Dozerdog
05-01-2006, 11:41 PM
reed played well last year.. didnt he have something like 18 catches for first downs?Stop disrupting a good rant, will ya? He's on a roll.

Apparently Reed is making Terrel Owens money

Joe Fo Sho
05-02-2006, 12:48 AM
All I have to say is you get what you pay for.

tell that to the falcons when they signed peerless

BAM
05-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Reed is worthless?? The guy stepped it up a notch last year. There are plenty worse WR's than he in the NFL. I don't know if he was worth the entire contract, but unless he steps it up even more, he'll likely not even see it all.

OpIv37
05-02-2006, 08:04 AM
I disagree completely. Reed has had 3 years to come on and he hasn't- if he wasn't so mediocre the previous two seasons, no one would think his 18 catches for first downs or whatever are anything special. He set the bar pretty low.

This guy has never lived up to expectations, and he still gets rewarded with a contract.

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2006, 08:11 AM
if it doesn't work, don't fix it. Wasn't that TD's strategy?

I just can't believe people are supporting the signing of a player who has never done anything for this team. Like they can't teach a decent receiver to block downfield? You're giving Reed credit for something he's SUPPOSED to do. Might as well say "I like Losman cuz he can hand off on running plays".

Not the same at all. Blocking is a skill many WR's don't have (kinda like blitz pick-up for RB's).

Again these contract terms look large because they are generally backloaded. Therefore a team can cut a player after one or two seasons with minimal impact.

Reed played much better last season.

mysticsoto
05-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Reed is worthless?? The guy stepped it up a notch last year. There are plenty worse WR's than he in the NFL. I don't know if he was worth the entire contract, but unless he steps it up even more, he'll likely not even see it all.

With all the WRs on our roster, I seriously doubt Reed makes it. I'm tired of hearing that Reed can block. Reed also drops alot of balls. I rather someone that can catch and that JP can rely on.

I think we should keep WRs in the following order:

1. Evans
2. Parrish
3. Davis
4. Price
5. Nance
6. Aiken
7. Wilson
Reed
Smith

I say we keep 7 b'cse Davis is injury prone and could get hurt during the season. Nance absolutely has to make the cut - even if we only use him on goal line situations. If we place him on the PS, someone will grab him throughout the season and we'll lose him like we lost Luke Lawton.

I actuall like the top 7. Parrish would be the shortest WR, but atleast has speed to make up for it. Evans is the next shortest at 5'10" but also has speed (not to mention skills). Peerless Price is next at 5'11" and hopefully still has speed. After this is George Wilson who caught everything that came his way last year during TC and preseason games but still was inexplicably not used by Mularkey - he is 6'0". Then comes Andre Davis at 6'1" w/speed (hopefully won't get hurt). Aiken is 6'2" and though he's probably too slow as a regular receiver, he's strong and great at ST. Lastly, we have our undrafted rookie that should surprise alot of people at greater than 6'4" and a definite redzone threat.

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Davis over Reed? No. The speed factor is already taken by Evans, Price and Roscoe.

Wilson over Reed? Why? Wilson has done nothing.

Aiken has alos done nothing to make me happy.

Nance? Maybe. He is an UDFA, so I really don't care.

As for Luke Lawton, is he even on an active roster? Isn't he still bouncing from PS to PS? Who cares we lost him?

As for the drops, he has a reputation for doing so, but the drops actually were minimal last year.

Reed also fills the void of the possession receiver. The Bills have nobody else to fill that void, unless Aiken has magicaly figured out how to get open.

mysticsoto
05-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Davis over Reed? No. The speed factor is already taken by Evans, Price and Roscoe.

So what? We can't have more than 3 fast receivers? Davis is one who has tremendous potential but always gets hurt and is not able to show it. He definitely gets a nod over Reed easily!!!

Wilson over Reed? Why? Wilson has done nothing.

Wilson did a great deal in TC and pre-season - he was just never given a chance by Mularkey. I watched him in TC alot last summer. Besides Evans and Moulds, Wilson was the only one catching everything his way. All the rest were a disappointment. If Reed can't catch everything coming his way in TC, what chance does he have in a real game?

Aiken has alos done nothing to make me happy.

He's there for special teams only. If we have more than enough special teamers, I don't mind letting him go. But something tells me that we might lose Burns this year, so I'd like to keep Aiken in that case. In order to keep A-Train, we might have to let Burns go - and that's a fair trade off, I think.

Nance? Maybe. He is an UDFA, so I really don't care.

You should care. This guy was rated 6th best WR on some boards and was slated to go probably in the 3rd rd. Like most people, I'm shocked he went undrafted. Every now and then we luck out - like we did with Jason Peters.

As for Luke Lawton, is he even on an active roster? Isn't he still bouncing from PS to PS? Who cares we lost him?

I think the Jets grabbed him from our practice squad. I think he's the backup FB on their team now

As for the drops, he has a reputation for doing so, but the drops actually were minimal last year.

Reed also fills the void of the possession receiver. The Bills have nobody else to fill that void, unless Aiken has magicaly figured out how to get open.

Davis, Wilson or Nance can fill the possession receiver slot nicely. And they are all taller than Reed and can go up more. We'll have to see how quickly Nance develops, but in the very least, we should be working him exclusively on red zone plays and have him start there.

I love Nance's strengths! He is someone for which we will get an excellent return for just being an undrafted player: Has tremendous size and a big frame...Is a major threat in the red zone...Is underrated athletically...Good leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Has big, strong, reliable hands...Will make the acrobatic catch...Physical and knows how to use his body...Tough player who is more than willing to go over the middle...Solid route runner...Intangibles are top notch...Very productive.

Say goodbye Reed...

Dr. Lecter
05-02-2006, 08:41 AM
I would rather cut Shaud Williams and keep Joe Burns. If Williams is not the #2 HB, his value is nil.

G. Host
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
reed played well last year.. didnt he have something like 18 catches for first downs?
Don't confuse Op with facts!

DraftBoy
05-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Reed was good his rookie year and I thought last year he made strides but Im not going to put it against him considering how inconsistent our QB play was. Lets give the kid this season and see, as for the WRs, I think we carry 7 too;

1. Evans
2. Parrish
3. Davis
4. Reed
5. Price
6. Nance
7. Aiken

LifetimeBillsFan
05-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Reed was good his rookie year and I thought last year he made strides but Im not going to put it against him considering how inconsistent our QB play was. Lets give the kid this season and see, as for the WRs, I think we carry 7 too;

1. Evans
2. Parrish
3. Davis
4. Reed
5. Price
6. Nance
7. Aiken

If the Bills go with 7 WRs, I think those will be the guys. I might have them ranked in a different order, but that's the group I think that they would keep.

I think within that group there is going to be a heck of a battle for the # 2-5 spots throughout the season, with health factors playing a role in who may be higher or lower at any given point in time. I also think that they will use different types of receivers in different offensive sets--so that you may see three speed guys or two speed guys and a possession receiver on the field in different 3-WR sets; two speed receivers in some 2 WR sets and one speed guy paired with a possession receiver in others. This is an interesting group that will give them a lot of flexibility at position in the passing game.