PDA

View Full Version : Jean-Gilles would've been ours...

BillsFever21
05-01-2006, 02:01 PM
If Philly wouldn't have traded up in the 4th round and took him. I doubt we would've taken another safety with Jean-Gilles on the board in the 4th round. Damn them Eagles.

BillsFever21
05-01-2006, 02:02 PM
If Marv wouldn't have gave in to the Texans we would've had Jean-Gilles and Simpson.

The Texans would've paid the 4th round price if Marv would've stuck to his guns. He really messed up there. Jean-Gilles would've been ours but Marv wasn't shrewed enough to get the pick.

NC-BILLS44
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Why would the Bills get Jean-Gilles when they just got rid of a young lineman that ate his way out of Buffalo? Jean-Gilles was just another Mike Williams; he just plays guard instead of tackle.

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2006, 02:08 PM
If Marv wouldn't have gave in to the Texans we would've had Jean-Gilles and Simpson.

The Texans would've paid the 4th round price if Marv would've stuck to his guns. He really messed up there. Jean-Gilles would've been ours but Marv wasn't shrewed enough to get the pick.

Wrong.

The Texans had the bargaining power not the Bills.

Marvelous
05-01-2006, 04:45 PM
The guy looked like a slob in the footage i saw yesterday. I'll pass.

Night Train
05-01-2006, 04:50 PM
The guy looked like a slob in the footage i saw yesterday. I'll pass.

Reports said he was up around 370 !

If he can't whip himself into shape before the biggest financial opportunity of his lifetime, then he's officialy an idiot I do not want on my roster.

ParanoidAndroid
05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
If they had takes Gilles, I would have boken my TV. Simpson is the better pick by far IMO.

ddaryl
05-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Simpson was a steal where we picked him. With Vincent and Clements as good as gone in 2007 having all these highly rated DB's ready to go next year with a years experience will prove to be a wise move IMO.

I also think we got some decent OL later on. just because TD couldn't make a 2nd day pick to save his life... let alone his job, doesn't mean Marvin can't