PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland showed on draft day how to con a team into a trade

BillsFever21
05-01-2006, 02:05 PM
The Ravens wanted Ngata but didn't think the Browns would take them. The Browns fooled the Ravens into thinking they were gonna. They spread the rumor around and even put his name on the card before they traded with them and pressured the Ravens into trading with them for another draft pick.

They fooled the Ravens into thinking they were gonna take him if nobody would trade with them when they really wanted their DE they took instead.

That's how you work a draft. Hopefully Marv will be more patient next year.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
:bf1: :up:

Phil Savage has proven time and time again how to judge and manipulate talent. This trade was just to get a garbage pick out of a division rival for no reason. The funnier part, it worked.

Drive 4 Five
05-01-2006, 02:12 PM
:bf1: :up:

Phil Savage has proven time and time again how to judge and manipulate talent. This trade was just to get a garbage pick out of a division rival for no reason. The funnier part, it worked.

I don't know about all that. He sure goofed up pretty good on Tim "is at home sitting on the" Couch and Kellen "I'm a ******" Winslow.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't know about all that. He sure goofed up pretty good on Tim "is at home sitting on the" Couch and Kellen "I'm a ******" Winslow.

Ummm...Savage was in Baltimore at that time, when they got guys like Ray Lewis and Peter Boulware.

Botch Davis, ran the draft for KII and moved up stupidly to get him when he didn't need to.

And Couch was a Dwight Clark/Carmen Policy draft choice.