X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Just heard on Sirrius!!

This is what I heard at lunch time. Most everyone agrees that the Bills should have taken Bunkley at #8 who was better than McCargo and could have stayed put and got Cedric Griffin in the second round. Their argument being that the difference in talent between Griffin (who is a CB with SS skills) and Whitner wasn't as great as Bunkley and McCargo. Plus no wasted draft pick.

Now the positive. Youboty was rated higher in the draft than Whitner before the combine. Both were friends since HS scouting. Both were roomates in College and are good friends. I think it is great to have 2 players that have played together in the same backfield.

Here is my point. Get rid of Clements in a trade now and get either an impact OL or DL. Preferrably OL. I think we can get away with rookies back there and those players are usually the quickest to develop. It has to be the right player for Clements.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Just heard on Sirrius!!

Who is the impact DL or OL the Bills should get?
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Jersey1031
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      Who is the impact DL or OL the Bills should get?

Any expected June cuts??
      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Better question is who's gonna trade an impact OL/DL player for an overrated corner who's still going to command a lot of money on the open market. And they definitely would have to sign Mr. Clements to a contract before agreeing to the trade. If Woodson got the money he did from the Pack, someone would give similiar money to Nate.

Comment

• Jersey1031
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          Better question is who's gonna trade an impact OL/DL player for an overrated corner who's still going to command a lot of money on the open market. And they definitely would have to sign Mr. Clements to a contract before agreeing to the trade. If Woodson got the money he did from the Pack, someone would give similiar money to Nate.

Trade him to the Skins... The Redskins will sign anyone to a huge contract, plus we won't have to play him until we play the NFC East...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            Clements did not help himself or the Bills last year. However, corners are a pretty coveted position. I think there is a trade out there. And as someone just asked, who? I don't know, I'm not the GM. But based on what we did in the draft Clements is not staying in Buffalo, so let's start finding out.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Finch1031
              Any expected June cuts??
              Good question. Better question is who someone has that is a pain in the butt on OL or DL that is either franchised or in the last year of a contract?

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Trade him. Might as well get rid of McGahee, also, since we'll be in the same boat with him next off-season.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

He might command a first round pick next year in a deal now, but that won't help the Bills much now. Still, that could help to fill in holes on the offense and any remaining on defense--which will make the team more competitive sooner.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Good question. Better question is who someone has that is a pain in the butt on OL or DL that is either franchised or in the last year of a contract?

I've been trying to think of some...

Comment

• Jersey1031
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                      Trade him. Might as well get rid of McGahee, also, since we'll be in the same boat with him next off-season.

That's why we resign him now with all the money we have...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

One more thing to add. Afternnon Blitz said that Youboty and Simpson were both steals. Really the Bills are getting smacked on McCargo. They were okay with Whitner except for what we did later with McCargo. One affected the other.

They interviewed Youboty. He sounded pretty smart. I liked him. He wasn't crying over the fact that Whitner was projected below him a couple of months ago.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          One more thing to add. Afternnon Blitz said that Youboty and Simpson were both steals. Really the Bills are getting smacked on McCargo. They were okay with Whitner except for what we did later with McCargo. One affected the other.

Detroit wanted Whitner as a second option to Huff, as we did, and we traded ahead of the Giants to grab McCargo because they wanted him... The Giants needed a DT not another DE but got stuck with that guy from BC...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                            He might command a first round pick next year in a deal now, but that won't help the Bills much now. Still, that could help to fill in holes on the offense and any remaining on defense--which will make the team more competitive sooner.
                            I like that. We are in a rebuilding year anyway. Why not get the first rounder for next and have 2 first rounders. That's huge. We are a young team that I think will gel. 1987 Bills. We have to start somewhere.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

I think the Bills would be better off retainng Clements for at least another year so that the young guys can get some seasoning.

This whole reload of the secondary is similar to what the Eagles did when they drafted Lito Shephard, Sheldon Brown and Michael Lewis in one draft - with an eye towards replacing Vincent and Taylor down the road.

My guess is both Vincent and Clements are starters for the Bills in '06 and then the young guys (specifically Youbouty and Simpson) take over in '07. Whitner likely - and hopefully - starts from day 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X