PDA

View Full Version : Ricky could still end up in TO.

ticatfan
05-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Sat, April 29, 2006

Dolphins ponder letting Williams join Argos
By PERRY LEFKO, TORONTO SUN

The Miami Dolphins are thinking about the possibility of allowing Ricky Williams to play for the Argos this year while he serves a one-year National Football League suspension for substance abuse.

Leigh Steinberg, the agent for the star running back, talked to a senior member of the Dolphins' management Thursday about letting Williams come to Toronto, which has his Canadian Football League rights. Williams and Miami head coach Nick Saban were scheduled to talk last night.

The Dolphins can decide to let Williams sit out the season and protect their investment or allow him to come to the CFL and play. The risk would be the possibility of injury.

"Everyone is waiting to see what the prospective of Coach Saban is," Steinberg said yesterday. "Obviously the advantage of playing in Canada would be the opportunity to continue playing, stay in shape and be involved in competitive football. I described Toronto to Ricky in positive terms. My brother went to graduate school there and my own experiences are very positive.

"It's a wonderful city. It's a perfect place to spend a year in terms of culture. The Dolphins will have to feel it's in the interest of their team and Ricky to (play in the CFL)."

Because of the NFL draft, which begins today, the Dolphins' organization hasn't been able to fully devote time to making a decision on Williams. Earlier this week he lost an appeal to rescind the suspension caused by his fourth violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy program. The Argos quickly put him on their negotiation list, which presented the Dolphins and the player with an opportunity to continue playing during his suspension.

A suspended NFL player to play in the CFL as long as his team approves. A CFL football operations spokesperson contacted the NFL yesterday for added assurance on the matter.

"I get the sense the ball is in (Miami's) court," the spokesperson said. "Time will tell how this situation plays out."
http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Foo...56511-sun.html

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2006, 02:48 PM
That would be kinda cool!

!Papacrunk!
05-01-2006, 06:08 PM
allow me to tilt my homer glasses a bit, would that be enough for ESPN to show a CFL game if this ONE player was to go there?