• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

This organization can't win with the fans

No matter what they do. They just drafted the players they thought they needed and people are still whining. We got defensive and offensive lineman...and I have no question that our weakest position over the past few years has been safety. That was a whole lot of expense we just went through just to make sure Coy Wire stays out of the defensive backfield. I have no complaints and I could care less about all the blowhards mock drafts. All the criticism floating around is egoistic crap from people trying to say their mock drafts were better than the actual teams who play the game. Carry on.
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Re: This organization can't win with the fans

Which OL? Oh... A backup to Gandy.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Gandy did alright, imo.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
        No matter what they do. They just drafted the players they thought they needed and people are still whining. We got defensive and offensive lineman...and I have no question that our weakest position over the past few years has been safety. That was a whole lot of expense we just went through just to make sure Coy Wire stays out of the defensive backfield. I have no complaints and I could care less about all the blowhards mock drafts. All the criticism floating around is egoistic crap from people trying to say their mock drafts were better than the actual teams who play the game. Carry on.
        first off, I didn't do a mock draft so my criticism isn't based on any need to be correct.

Second, isn't it "egoistic" (I believe the word you want is "egotistical") for Marv to assume his draft board is better than THE ENTIRE COUNTRY's mocks?

Third, it doesn't matter if Marv is right or the mocks were right on their talent- these guys were picked higher than conventional wisdom would suggest and so they'll be overpaid (don't think McCargo's agent won't take advantage of the fact that the Bills went to great lengths to get him). Overpaying for OL in FA is NOT ok, but overpaying for draft picks is?

Fourth, after seven years of losing, what reasons do the fans have to give this organization the benefit of the doubt? I don't want to hear this crap about Levy and Jauron because we're fans of the Buffalo Bills, not the Buffalo Tom Donahoe's or the Buffalo Levy's. it's the same team.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

oh one more thing- while S is important, the two biggest needs going in were OL and DL, and OL was left until the 5th round. should the fans be happy about that?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            first off, I didn't do a mock draft so my criticism isn't based on any need to be correct.

Second, isn't it "egoistic" (I believe the word you want is "egotistical") for Marv to assume his draft board is better than THE ENTIRE COUNTRY's mocks?

Third, it doesn't matter if Marv is right or the mocks were right on their talent- these guys were picked higher than conventional wisdom would suggest and so they'll be overpaid (don't think McCargo's agent won't take advantage of the fact that the Bills went to great lengths to get him). Overpaying for OL in FA is NOT ok, but overpaying for draft picks is?

fourth, after seven years of losing, what reasons do the fans have to give this organization the benefit of the doubt? I don't want to hear this crap about Levy and Jauron because we're fans of the Buffalo Bills, not the Buffalo Tom Donahoe's or the Buffalo Levy's. it's the same team.
            We're all frustrated, but yes, we do owe the new regime a fair shot. This is a brand new regime, so it's completely unfair not to give them a chance. 7 years of crap is unfair to us, the fans, but that has nothing to do with the new GM or coaching staff. I know you don't like that reasoning, but what's fair is fair. If we have a losing record this year, and fire everybody, we go through that each and every time a new system is implemented. These guys might fail miserably, but the season hasn't even started yet, and realistically they deserve a few years to show their stuff. It'll take 3 years to know, like it or not.

ALL GM's believe their draft boards are better than any mock. Why wouldn't they? Mocks are done by fans, not insiders who actually have a little more info than we all do. I'm as guilty as anybody else when it comes to questioning moves, etc., but we all know the truth of the matter.

McCargo was the 26th pick of the draft (whether we feel he should've been, or not), and he will be paid as such. He should. After all, he was picked there. It will be up to him to prove his worth for the next go around.

I don't know if we overpaid for Fowler or not. If he's anything like he was at Maryland, then we paid a good price for him. If not, we overpaid. He didn't start in Minny until Matt B. was injured, but from what I've read, he more than held his own. Time will tell. It takes most lineman a few years to come into their own, maybe last season was that year for him. It's impossible for any of us to have any idea at this point. Reyes was a fantastic deal. A decent starting guard for under a million? Great.

This isn't going to turn around overnight. Be prepared for a very frustrating season. This team is young, and will play as such. There will be a lot of young mistakes being made, and a lot of growing pains. All we can do is hope they improve throughout the year, and are in a position to be competitive in 2007. It'll be exciting to watch the development as well.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Fourth, after seven years of losing, what reasons do the fans have to give this organization the benefit of the doubt? I don't want to hear this crap about Levy and Jauron because we're fans of the Buffalo Bills, not the Buffalo Tom Donahoe's or the Buffalo Levy's. it's the same team.

It is the same team, but different people driving the bus.

Would you like it if your boss said 'Sorry Op, no bonus this year. Fred, who you replaced, was a real POS and did a crappy job.'
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

egoistic is the right word...and yes marv should believe his organization built a better draft board that everyone elses. That's my point. If they are just going to listen to all the self-proclaimed experts mock drafts what's the sense of spending money on a scouting department and developing evaluation skills in the coaching staff?

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

It is the same team, but different people driving the bus.

Would you like it if your boss said 'Sorry Op, no bonus this year. Fred, who you replaced, was a real POS and did a crappy job.'
                  so you are saying the employee should get a full years bonus for a job they only had for part of the year?

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

egoistic is the right word...and yes marv should believe his organization built a better draft board that everyone elses. That's my point. If they are just going to listen to all the self-proclaimed experts mock drafts what's the sense of spending money on a scouting department and developing evaluation skills in the coaching staff?
                    Good post. people forget that Cincinatti used to do pretty much that...go off of what Kiper and the other "experts" said...they were one of the league's laughingstocks as a result
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

so you are saying the employee should get a full years bonus for a job they only had for part of the year?
                      Meh.
                      Bad analogy.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Great posting DR LEc. I dont understand why these few fans keep saying 7 years when LEvy and co have not been in control for those years. This is a new front office let them turn it around.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

Well why even spend money on a GM OpIv? Instead maybe Ralph should just print off the mock draft of every jerk off like Kiper in the country and just pick whom they say he should pick. He could save an awful lot of money that way.

Please. Enough bro. Enough.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Seven years of sucking? I agree. So what's the problem if the current staff drafts differently from the regime that was a huge reason for that 7 years of sucking?

You hate what TD did and since Marv made moves different from what TD did ,you're still whining. You tell us you don't want Clements to be paid as much as he's being paid now and you're still whining about his replacement being drafted?

Typo is right, you can't make whiners happy.

People whine about a 21 pt. lead being blown in the 4th qtr. by a back up qb and they still whine when it is addressed?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Great posting Drive and Justa. Totally agree I think its time for him to hop off the BillsWagon and find a different team if hes not happy with Marv trying to fix things.

Comment

Working...
                              X