X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

QB weighs retirement decision

With the NFL draft over, 43-year-old Doug Flutie is expected to announce this week if he will end a career that included a Heisman Trophy and took him through three pro football leagues. more

It's about time He hasn't been able to complete a season with that arm since 98
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: QB weighs retirement decision

i wish we had got him in his prime that woulda been fun
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
      i wish we had got him in his prime that woulda been fun
      agreed I enjoyed his play in 98..his arm just wore out too quickly as time went on
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I'll be glad I won't have to hear about every little single thing he does from the frontpage. He almost gets as much publicity as T.O on the front page.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

Goodbye little shrimp! it's about time! and good riddance! and thanks for dividing up our locker room while you were here you little cry

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I'm sure Phil would love for him to come over for a day and retire a bill
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I'm sure Phil would love for him to come over for a day and retire a bill

I knew you couldn't resist making some kind of smartass comment

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

For 16 games at this point he blows. But if I need a backup to win me ONE game I'd still take him over most of these high profile backups

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

I will never forget that naked bootleg for the TD against Jax in the final seconds of the game. It is too bad we didn't get him to replace Kelly in '96 instead of wasting time with Collins/Hobert. Those 2 years would probably have made a difference in his arm strength, which is the only knock on him (moreso than his height) He has more "it" in his little pinky than most QBs have in their entire bodies.

He should retire though...it was a nice career but he's done.

Comment

• Slim
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                    I will never forget that naked bootleg for the TD against Jax in the final seconds of the game. It is too bad we didn't get him to replace Kelly in '96 instead of wasting time with Collins/Hobert. Those 2 years would probably have made a difference in his arm strength, which is the only knock on him (moreso than his height) He has more "it" in his little pinky than most QBs have in their entire bodies.

He should retire though...it was a nice career but he's done.

The last good-years the bills ever had were with him.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by slimschmittie
                      The last good-years the bills ever had were with him.
                      I'll take the the 1st year we grabbed Bledsoe over any year DF was in town. Bledsoe tore it up here in his 1st 8 games. That stretch alone trumped anything DF tried to do in Buffalo or his NFL career.

I don't find the occasional flash to be worthy of any sort of extreme praise. DF was never consistent enough in this league, and good teams had little trouble game planning against him.

The guy is 5' 8". Shortness does not make an average at best QB great... but people love to think so. The occasional flash is fun to watch, but that flash was NEVER going to win a championship, because like I said above.. good teams, and great temas coulds easily contain him.

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        I'll take the the 1st year we grabbed Bledsoe over any year DF was in town. Bledsoe tore it up here in his 1st 8 games. That stretch alone trumped anything DF tried to do in Buffalo or his NFL career.

I don't find the occasional flash to be worthy of any sort of extreme praise. DF was never consistent enough in this league, and good teams had little trouble game planning against him.

The guy is 5' 8". Shortness does not make an average at best QB great... but people love to think so. The occasional flash is fun to watch, but that flash was NEVER going to win a championship, because like I said above.. good teams, and great temas coulds easily contain him.

Ya... Bledsoe got us to the playoff's.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl

The occasional flash is fun to watch, but that flash was NEVER going to win a championship, because like I said above.. good teams, and great temas coulds easily contain him.
                          And what SB did Dredsoe win? He was just as easy to contain as the season wore on.....he was stonefooted, inaccurate, slow to make decisions and had no touch. Only could throw the rocket deep ball. So teams just blitzed the crap out of him and eventually he'd toss the INT or take a ton of sacks.

DF in his prime was twice the QB Dredsoe ever was IMO.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                            And what SB did Dredsoe win? He was just as easy to contain as the season wore on.....he was stonefooted, inaccurate, slow to make decisions and had no touch. Only could throw the rocket deep ball. So teams just blitzed the crap out of him and eventually he'd toss the INT or take a ton of sacks.

DF in his prime was twice the QB Dredsoe ever was IMO.

LMFAO... DF has only one 16 NFL season on his record. Yeah such a great QB that only SD trusted him to play the position for them full time that one year. What was SD record that year ? 5-11.... sure wreaks of greatness LOL.

Neither Did Flutie. It was our D that won games for us, and they pulled DF for the Titans game because they didn't (and no other NFL team ever has) have any confidence in him for the playoffs. A game RJ had won before the ST's foul up.

DF was a backup QB, a change of pace player who could steal ya some games wwhen the starter went down. That is it !!!

Bledsoe wasn't better, but I will still enjoy the 1st half of the Bledsoes 1st year over anything the midget did.

Maybe from a personal love of Doug Futile you can say he was 2xs the QB Bledsoe was, but the stats and facts say DB was at worst his par, and when DB was prime Flutie couldn't sniff his strap

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by slimschmittie
                              Ya... Bledsoe got us to the playoff's.
                              Bledsoe didn't have the benefit of the top defense in the league when he was here. This IS a team game, after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X