• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Some of you are Brain Dead

Not many.. But more than just 1-2 have complained bitterly about this draft, and coming from a person KNOWN for criticizing the BIlls personnel decisions, I am absolutely BAFFLED as to WHY?

You can only do SO Much in one draft. Instead of plugging a spot here and a spot there just for the sake of plugging, Marv decided he was going to pretty much use the ENTIRE draft to shore up the middle of his 29th ranked defense.

And people are *****in, are you KIDDING ME?

In Whitner they got an INSTANT starter and play-maker.. A select few of you talk about the "cover two" for months with excitement then lose your cool when we took the best safety in the entire draft for that brand of defense? WTF I also wish we could have traded down a few spots and got him but if we lost him any other strong safety rated high (Allen, Williams, Bullocks) aren't exactly Cover-Two style safeties.

In Simpson they got Vincent's successor, likely by next year. In one day they got potentially a Sanders-Doss combination for the next 6 or so years.

and believe what you want, the Bills took McCargo in round one because if they DIDNT they wouldnt have been drafting another DT until the THIRD round. Did anybody watch the Bills run defense last year?

Its NOt a coincidence that after McCargo it was 32 picks later before the next DT went off the board.

WE didnt "lose a second rounder" because we moved up into the first.. We gave them a 73rd pick.. Who gives a ****, we got a starting quality tackle who fits our scheme real nice.

And in Kyle Williams we got good depth.. He should be at LEAST as good as Bannon was as a sub, and even if he plays without a helmet or equipment he's instantly better than Sape..

Did you expect us to have ONE draft and make ROOKIES turn this into a 11-win team in one year? By 2007 our defense will be a hell of a lot better because of April 29-30.

Yes, the offense was woeful last year and will likely be the same again. But c'mon, its ONE draft you can only do so much.. We upgraded the OL with two new starters anyway.. I'm not too sold on Fowler yet but I love Reyes.

While I write and enjoy reading the opinons of other's around the leauge, I really couldnt give a crap what any of them think, and obviously Marv feels the same.

What's FUNNIEST is to see the sudden heel turn of a few Bills "fans'" because the draft didnt do the way THEY wanted it to go.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • That Guy
    • Apr 2004

Re: Some of you are Brain Dead

I agree with you... but in a much less abrasive fashion.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

BTW, I looked at my now self-admitted "******" looking Mock I posted on Friday, and in my mind, we got more steals than reaches.

I'd feel dumber about my mock if 99.999999% of the "experts" out there aren't doing the same exact thing right now.

Of the Bills first five picks, I had FOUR Of them being drafted on Day One and Wiliams going early in round four.. I also had someone we later signed going on day one as well.

Donte Whitner- I had going No. 16 to Miami.

John McCargo- I had going #54 in round two to KC (I also had no clue how down GM's were on the guys "above" him like Watson, Wroten and Wright especially)

Ko Simpson- I had going #44 in round 2 to Baltimore.

Ashton Youboty- I had going #51 in round 2 to the Vikings.

I had Kyle Williams going with the first pick in the fourth round to Houston.

And here's the FUNNIEST part.
      I had Martin Nance going #96 in round three to Pittsburgh. He didnt even get drafted (lol) and the Bills signed him as an undrafted FA.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Great posting PAT

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

people like flash anymore and instant fixes, it's all about being patient

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

I think the best pick the Bills made was Youboty.

I thought he'd be gone in the early half of the second.

Comment

• STAMPY
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Sep 2003

i love the Butler pick and Mccargo pick best :)

Comment

• STAMPY
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Sep 2003

Im Pumpedddd

Comment

• Statman
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Not many.. But more than just 1-2 have complained bitterly about this draft, and coming from a person KNOWN for criticizing the BIlls personnel decisions, I am absolutely BAFFLED as to WHY?

...You can only do SO Much in one draft. Instead of plugging a spot here and a spot there just for the sake of plugging, Marv decided he was going to pretty much use the ENTIRE draft to shore up the middle of his 29th ranked defense.

...In Simpson they got Vincent's successor, likely by next year. In one day they got potentially a Sanders-Doss combination for the next 6 or so years.

...and believe what you want, the Bills took McCargo in round one because if they DIDNT they wouldnt have been drafting another DT until the THIRD round. Did anybody watch the Bills run defense last year?

...Yes, the offense was woeful last year and will likely be the same again. But c'mon, its ONE draft you can only do so much.. We upgraded the OL with two new starters anyway.. I'm not too sold on Fowler yet but I love Reyes.
                  Yes, you can only do so much in one draft, but you can do more with 10 picks than 9 and with 6 picks in the first four rounds than 4.

Yes, they got Vincent's successor. But what about simple starting talent and "successors" for Anderson, Gandy, Teague, and other line spots that suck now?

How does McCargo help us stop the run? He's reveiwed as a horrible run stopper.

The name of the game is priorities.

Furthermore, how long before a bunch of Juniors come up to speed?
                  Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• John Doe
                    Florida Man
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Statman
                    How does McCargo help us stop the run? He's reveiwed as a horrible run stopper.

Who said he was a "horrible" run stopper?

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                      Great post! A quality Fin fan! Wish there was more of you instead of trolls!

Comment

• Statman
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by John Doe
                        Can you find one review that says he's even a nominal one?

Did you do any homework on our draftees? At all?
                        Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Statman
                          Can you find one review that says he's even a nominal one?

Did you do any homework on our draftees? At all?

Comment

• eeyyeeddoogg
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                            I see. Sort of like the patience being shown to our young qb that many want to run out of town.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Fowler and Reyes are replacing Teague and Anderson.

As for Juniors developing, this is a 2 year plan anyway. These guys will learn quickly inteh NFL.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X