PDA

View Full Version : Bills Had to Pass on Leinart

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-01-2006, 06:01 PM
“With the 8th pick in the NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills selected Matt Leinart, quarterback USC. “ Is that what you wanted to hear? The Heisman Trophy Winning, National Championship taking, People Magazine Most beautiful list making QB was sitting there in the green room. All the Bills had to do was write his name on the little piece of paper for Paul Tagliabue to read. But noooooooooooo. They took a safety you’ve never heard of. Guess what? It was the right move for the Bills.

I know you already have your email lined up. You want to tell me how stupid the Bills are for passing on Leinart (or even Jay Cutler) when all they have is JP, KH and CN at QB. And you want to tell me how stupid I am for agreeing that they pass on the passer. Let me explain. Since Jim Kelly retired the Bills have gone down their savior quarterback route. It’s been a dead end. Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman (so far). The most successful signal caller they’ve had in the last decade is a little free agent from the CFL. They should be a little gun shy.

http://www.13wham.com/sports/openmike/story.aspx?content_id=98F25A23-4A21-49A1-AEB3-090182665CFA

casdhf
05-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I admit ... I wanted to hear it!! I'm super pumped about Whitner though. He's gonna be out Ed Reed.

YardRat
05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I didn't want Leinart. When the pick came up and he was available, I was hoping they'd trade down a couple of spots.

The_Philster
05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
ditto, Yardrat...I was wondering if the Cards were offering us much to trade 1st round picks

ddaryl
05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Leinhart would never survive in Buffalo. The sup-par arm strength would never survive the swirling winter winds at OP.

Its why the 1st 9 teams passed on him, and why Arizona took him. Arizona has an enviroment that will work for Lienhart.

as for reaching for McCargo.... Don't care and I am glad Marv and Co didn't take the chance, cause I don't feel he would have been there at our #2 pick. There was a huge drop off at DT after McCargo, its pretty safe to think someone else noticed that to.

OpIv37
05-01-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm not sold on the Whitner pick at all but I definitely prefer him to Leinart. I was actually panicking when he fell because I was afraid the Bills would do something stupid and take him.

Well they still did something stupid, just not AS stupid.

dannyek71
05-02-2006, 07:28 AM
I wanted to hear it. We should have drafted him and traded him to the highest bidder. Plenty of teams would have loved to have had him.

Even if he played in Buffalo, he would have put alot of fannies into the seats.

Patti120
05-02-2006, 07:56 AM
I would have been pi$$ed!!!! Glad that they took Whitner as he's a leader and solid player. Looking back McCargo was a good pick due to the fall off in talent after him. So right now I'm content. We'll be able to grade these guys better after some real playing time.

TigerJ
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM
I've already said I didn't want him. Are you disappointed you aren't being martyred, LOSman WINS?