PDA

View Full Version : Question about the durability rating

BillsFever21
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Does that only affect the player if they actually got hurt?

What if the player was healthy and on the active roster but they didn't play in many games and didn't see any playing time till somebody got injured in Week 8 or so or was benched for a number of games.

Does this mean their durability rating will be low and most likely get injured for half the season even though they were healthy?

Ebenezer
05-02-2006, 03:20 AM
durability is usually determined by injury...however, if you pick up a guy who caught 10 balls last year, he will stay healthy but don't expect him to be a 100 catch receiver in the sim

DrForbes
05-02-2006, 09:03 AM
durability is usually determined by injury...however, if you pick up a guy who caught 10 balls last year, he will stay healthy but don't expect him to be a 100 catch receiver in the sim

Does this mean if I draft the highest rated passer in the game (I can't remember which journeyman), that I can't use them at QB and have them be a star in the game? How does the game compencate for how the qBs are ranked?

BillsFever21
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM

I didn't expect that to happen.

The question was my curiosity on Phillip Rivers. I wanted him but needed to make sure he wouldn't just last 1 game and then I would need to draft 2 more QB's.

McNabb will miss some time. You need at least 2 active QB's. After McNabb I can play Brunell. I wanted to make sure that there's a good chance that Rivers will at least be active so I can stay within the 2 active QB's for a game.

If both McNabb and Brunell end up getting injured then I will have to worry about picking up another QB. I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Ebenezer
05-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Does this mean if I draft the highest rated passer in the game (I can't remember which journeyman), that I can't use them at QB and have them be a star in the game? How does the game compencate for how the qBs are ranked?
for skill players the game bases durability on injury but also on number of plays/playing time/etc...

we went down from an 18 game to a 16 game schedule because many of the skill players were "timing out"...the game would not allow them to be played.