PDA

View Full Version : Have it YOUR way!

patmoran2006
05-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Now that the draft is over, we can all play ARMCHAIR GM.

Pick the draft the EXACT way that YOU wish the Bills would have done it.

A Few Simple Rules

* You HAVE to pick wherver the Bills picked. You cant trade down or up on any picks the Bills didnt. You have to pick in the EXACT same spot the Bills did. So that means you have to pick at 8 and 26 in round one, no second rounder and pick 70 for round three, etc. etc.

* You cant pick ANY player that was drafted BEFORE the Bills picked.. You can only pick from that spot on down.. (IE- You cant say the Bills should have drafted Eric winston in round three because he went before the Bills picked in round three.

If you need reference to the entire draft and order of it.. Go to the draft section at www.nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com)

This is just for entertainment, I want to see what us couch GM's would have done.. I'm working on my post-Bills mock draft now.

patmoran2006
05-01-2006, 08:06 PM
round 1- Matt Leinart, QB (USC)
Round 1b- Nick Mangold, OSU (Fowler goes right over RG, bye Villarial)
Round 3- Dusty Dvoracek, DT (OKL)
Round 4- Ko Simpson, S
Round5a- Parys Haralson, DE (tenn)
round 5b- Demario Winter, CB (georgia)
Round 6- Reggie McNeal, QB/WR
Round7a- Fred Matua, G
Round7b- Rod Wright, DT

Devin
05-01-2006, 08:16 PM
1. Donte Whitner, S
1. Nick Mangold, C
3. Ashton Youboty, CB
4. Ko Simpson, S
5. Kyle Williams, DT
5. Brad Butler, OT
6. Keith Ellison, OLB/S
7. Rod Wright, DT
7. Aaron Merz, OG

Only changes I made were Mangold and Wright.

I feel Mangold is just to good of a prospect to pass up here, as a monster at C he is exactly the type of "anchor" we need on this OL.

Wright is worth a shot in the 7th in my opinion. I dont like him, It wouldnt shock me if he didnt even make the team but worth a shot over the OT we drafted.

All in all I liked most our picks so hard for me to change much, they chose smart, gifted athletes that fit our team so hard to argue with that and I love the secondary being built.

patmoran2006
05-01-2006, 08:20 PM
I dont disagree with you, Im just a big fan of having a future UNDISPUTED leader of the offense in Matt Leinart, and that's exactly what he is. (BTW, I love Whitner and am NOT bashing the pick).

Leinart dont look like him and he's left handed, but he reminds me A LOT of a Phil Simms, and I'd love to have that kind of QB.

WE aint doing squat this year anyway record-wise so for 2006 it really doesnt MATTER WHO we took at 8 this year.. I just think Leinart is going to be a VERY valuable QB in this league, more than Cutler or Young who physically may be better.

We are in total agreement on Mangold, they SHOULD have taken him because he's FLAT OUT TOO GOOD not to take.. That was a mistake by Marv IMO.. Fowler could have EASILY slid over to RG for an aging Villarial and with Mangold you have a near-LOCK for a Pro bowl center.

I love Simpson and Kyle Williams too. I also like Youboty but in my third I gotta take Dvoracek simply because DT wasn't addressed yet in my draft, nothing against Youboty, he just wouldnt have fit with my draft at that spot.. Plus, I do like Greer and King as nickel-backs.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm gonna change things up a little, because I can and it's the theme of this thread anyways :) I also wouldn't have traded up for the extra 1, but I'll play along for the sake of playing along.

1. Haloti Ngata, DT
1. LenDale White, RB
3. Ashton Youboty, CB
4. Victor Adyenaju, DE
5. Omar Jacobs, QB
5. Pat Watkins, S
6. Babatunde Oshinowo, DT
7. Fred Matua, OG
7. Jon Scifres, K

Without moving up....
Rd2. LenDale
Rd3. Rashad Butler, OT

patmoran2006
05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
That woulda been a good big guy draft, intrigued by LenDale White in Buffalo though?

Mr. Pink
05-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Three reasons for going to get big LenDale....

1. On gameday he's a beast, he was tagged as lazy because he pulled his hammy. Hard to work out on a pulled hammy. If he is lazy, Marv is a GREAT motivator, problem solved.

2. Willis had issues finding the endzone in short yardage situations, be that him completely or a combo of him and the line. LenDale knows how to find paydirt.

3. Willis may not be here after next season, we'd have his replacement in a HIGHLY capable player of carrying the load.

eeyyeeddoogg
05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Ngata
Justice
Youboty
Simpson
O'Callaghan
Nicholson
Stanley
Webb
Simon

Alot of character issues in the latter half of the draft but also alot of talent. I would roll the dice on a few of the character guys late.

patmoran2006
05-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I think LenDale is going to be a bum.

but I'm man enough to admit I been wrong plenty of times.. I thought Ben Rothleisberger was a horrible pick when Pitt drafted him and I thought he'd never make it as a starter in this league.. I also thought JP was better than him and Pitt should have drafted him, so that shows how much I know.

DraftBoy
05-01-2006, 09:32 PM
1a. Bunkley DT
1b. White RB
3. Youboty CB
4. Simpson FS
5a. Watkins SS
5b. Jacobs QB
6. Stanley DT
7a. Matua OG
7b. Quillen WR

I didnt see OL as a huge need either in this draft and was happy we didnt kill the draft with it.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2006, 09:35 PM
1a. Bunkley DT
1b. White RB
3. Youboty CB
4. Simpson FS
5a. Watkins SS
5b. Jacobs QB
6. Stanley DT
7a. Matua OG
7b. Quillen WR

I didnt see OL as a huge need either in this draft and was happy we didnt kill the draft with it.

:up: were you copying me? :rofl:

:posrep:

The_Philster
05-01-2006, 09:42 PM
round 1- Matt Leinart, QB (USC)
If we had drafted him..tying up a lot of money in 2 1st round pick at QB, what would you do with JP? Do you really feel that a QB can be judged in a half season of playing time? If that's the case and Leinart struggles...which he will without a lot of help like Big Ben got...you gonna throw him away after half a season as well?

Dozerdog
05-01-2006, 09:46 PM
1. Donte Whitner, S
1. McCargo
3. Ashton Youboty, CB
4. Ko Simpson, S
5. Ocallaghan , OT
5. Kyle Williams, DT
6. Babe Oshinowo, DT
7. Mark Settersom OG
7. Mike Kudla, Ohio St DE

Drive 4 Five
05-01-2006, 10:39 PM
If we had drafted him..tying up a lot of money in 2 1st round pick at QB, what would you do with JP? Do you really feel that a QB can be judged in a half season of playing time? If that's the case and Leinart struggles...which he will without a lot of help like Big Ben got...you gonna throw him away after half a season as well?

I think you know the answer to that bro? Why even go there?

Drive 4 Five
05-01-2006, 10:42 PM
All I know is that I defintiely would have loved the Mangold pick with 1b. I also like the Terrance Pennington pick (representing from New Mexico).

Philagape
05-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm breaking the thread rules somewhat and drafting as if we didn't make the trade up. My rationale as armchair GM is doing what I would have done if I were Marv Levy, and I would not have traded up for McCargo considering my first pick is Bunkley.

1. Bunkley, DT
2. Colledge, T
3a. Youboty, CB
3b. Jean-Gilles, G
4. Watkins, S
5a. Jon Scott, T
5b. Nicholson, ILB
6. Wright, DT
7a. Matua, G
7b. Jai Lewis, TE (gimmick pick cuz I really don't know anyone at this level :D)

Michael82
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
1a - S Donte Whitner
1b - DT John McCargo
3 - CB Ashton Youboty
4 - FS Ko Simpson
5a - DT Kyle Williams
5b - OT Brad Butler
6 - C Greg Eslinger
7a - G Fred Matua
7b - LB Spencer Havner

GarnOFreak
05-02-2006, 03:38 PM
I vote for the all Beef Line-up!

1. Ngata, DT (337)
1b. W. Justice, OT (320)
3. M. Jean-Gilles, OG (356)
4. G. Watson, DT (340)
5. J. Scott, OT (314)
5b. G. Blue, FS (215)
6. Z. Strief, OG (349)
7. R. Wright, DT (306)
7b. S. Havner, OLB (239)

Talk about your smash mouth football!

TD draft would have been :

1. M. Leinhart, QB
1b. D. Williams, RB
3. L. Pope, TE
4. B. Marshall, WR
5. J. Scott, OT (from Texas)
5b. J. Lewis, DT
6. F. Matua, OG
7. R. Wright, DT
7b. M. Vick, QB/WR

ILOVEMIBILLS
05-02-2006, 04:57 PM
1 (8) Donte Whitner S Ohio St.

Perhaps a bit early, but a solid player that I'm happy to get.

1 (26) John McCargo DT NC St.

Let's not kid ourselves. While this guy may have had a mid 2nd to low 3rd Round grade, there was no way he was lasting that far because after him, there was a tremendous drop off, so its not like teams would be able to fill it as much in the next round. It will be interesting to see how he does without Mario Williams and Manny Lawson.

3 (70) Ashton Youboty DB Ohio St.

Another solid player who should develop nicely. Will need some time, but could be great.

4 (105) Ko Simpson S South Carolina

Once again, I don't have much of a problem with the Bills here, as I think Simpson may be one of the biggest steals in the draft. Time will tell.

5 (134) Ryan O'Callaghan OT Cal

I really like Kyle Williams, but the Bills need along the O-line I think is more than getting another DT right now. If I could get Williams later I'd draft him, but he'll most likely be gone.

5 (143) Mike Hass WR Oregon St.

You're probably thinking to yourself, "ANOTHER WR :crap: " Well, this is a special kid in my opinion. He won't wow you with his speed or game breaking ability, but this is someone who will develop into a solid possession receiver, a team leader, and a fan favorite. The Saints got themselves a GREAT steal in him, and I REALLY was hoping we'd get him.

6 (178) Montavious Stanley DT Louisville

While I had to pass on Kyle Williams earlier, Stanley is more than adequate as an alternate pick. He, like Williams will take time to develop, but I think he'll be a solid player for the Pats.

7 (216) Patt Ross C Boston College

Went undrafted in the real draft, but this kid is a solid C. Many line prospects out of Boston College have very successful track records in the NFL. As many Bills fans remember, TD selected Ben Sobieski out of Iowa over Dan Koppen (who now is a top guy on the Pats line), who happens to be the guy that Ross replaced. Well here is another BC Center that I think can be just as good eventually.

7 (248) Spencer Havner LB UCLA

Another great kid with good character and a solid player. Also went undrafted, but was considered one of the top available players. I think he's a solid addition for the Redskins and would have selected him with our last pick.

UDFA's

With FA's, never guarenteed to get them, but if I could sign 10 people, here is who I would go after...(In No Particular Order)

1. Steve Fifta DT Utah
2. Matt Lentz OG Michigan
3. Mike Kudla DE Ohio St.
4. Martin Nance WR Miami (OH)
5. Brett Basanez QB Northwestern
6. Charles Gordon CB Kansas
7. Mike Bell RB Arizona
8. Matt Bernstein FB Wisconsin
9. Eric Henderson DE Georgia Tech
10. Will Allen OG Texas