• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

1st Round Busts

Who out of all the 1st round draft picks do you think will be a bust? I going to go with Vince Young. Great athlete, but I don't know if he'll be able to make the adjustment to the pro game. He could get away with some stuff at Texas because he is such a great athlete. But when you get to the NFL, there are great athletes all over the field. I don't think Vince will have the mental capacity to properly be able to disect the coverages he will see in the NFL.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: 1st Round Busts

Not to dis him, but Im hearing a lot that Whitner is too short and not a good enough run supporter rheoteric garbage nationally to suggest he'll be a bust..

Personally, I'll go with antonio Cromartie because SD has a history of drafting bad CB"s, headlined by Quentin Jammer... I also dont like KC's pick at 20 Tamba Hali.. And lastly, I have a weird feeling Ngata is going to spend a lot of his career on the Injury Report.

I see a lot of second round busts though, headlined by a pair of USC guys in Justice and White.

to the contrary, I really like a few first rounders who didnt come with a lot of hype: Detroits Ernie Sims, Cleveland's Kamerion Wimbley and SF with Manny Lawson.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Kiwi with the Giants. Dude's barely gonna see the field, for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

Ngata, Kiwi
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Young.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

to the contrary, I really like a few first rounders who didnt come with a lot of hype: Detroits Ernie Sims, Cleveland's Kamerion Wimbley and SF with Manny Lawson.
            I've heard that Sims has had 5 concussions already. I thought Adam Schefter reported that on NFL network as why his stock might drop.

Guess it didn't drop, but he could have injury issues.

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
              • Dec 2004

Vince Young
              Jay Cutler
              Haloti Ngata

I say Young is the only guy in the NFL in ten years and by then he is just a journeyman bouncing around.
              You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• Hounds
                • Mar 2004

michael huff

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Bunkley, Cromartie, and whomever the Dolphins picked

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Busts:

Honestly I think one of the lineman in the top 4 will be a bust. Either Mario or Brick. Cromartie has hardly played football in the past 2 years.

Better then expected:

Ngata, LenDale White, Cutler.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

Young. I didn't realize he played in a simplified one read offense, or that his mechanics were as bad as they showed on tv. I think he struggles big time.
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        Bunkley, Cromartie, and whomever the Dolphins picked
                        Yeah, what gives. We get a bad draft grade for Wittner, when Cromartie didn't play at all last year, and has only started one college game? Seems like the whole system is crap if you ask me.
                        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

I think it will be whoever the Patriots, Jets, and those God awful Dolphins selected with their first choice.

Whose with me?

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                            I think it will be whoever the Patriots, Jets, and those God awful Dolphins selected with their first choice.

Whose with me?

Couldn't agree more!!!

BERNIAC!

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              Not to dis him, but Im hearing a lot that Whitner is too short and not a good enough run supporter rheoteric garbage nationally to suggest he'll be a bust..

Personally, I'll go with antonio Cromartie because SD has a history of drafting bad CB"s, headlined by Quentin Jammer... I also dont like KC's pick at 20 Tamba Hali.. And lastly, I have a weird feeling Ngata is going to spend a lot of his career on the Injury Report.

I see a lot of second round busts though, headlined by a pair of USC guys in Justice and White.

How tall is Troy Polamalu? Answer: 5'10" He's not a bust, is he? How tall is Bob Sanders? Answer: 5'8" Last time I looked, Indianapolis isn't ready to label him a bust. Oh that's right, he's a free safety. How tall is his teammate, Michael Doss? Answer: 5'10" How tall is Donte Whitner? answer: 5'10"

I'm not yelling at you, Pat. I will grant that Donte whitner is not prototypical in terms of his size to play strong safety, but it's hardly unprecedented for players his size to not only play and start at strong safety, but to excell at it. From everything we've heard since he was drafted, I think a lot of comparisons can be drawn between players like Troy Polamalu and Whitner, not only in terms of size, but speed, toughness, football mentality etc. That's not a bad comparison to have made about you if you're a young safety coming into the league.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X