PDA

View Full Version : NFL.Com's Pat Kirwin on Sirius Radio

Night Train
05-02-2006, 05:53 AM
I noticed in his final mock draft, he had Ko Simpson, our 4th rounder, going to the Steelers with the last pick of Round 1. He left out McCargo but mentioned him as a 1st round talent who could be had at the top of Round 2 or may sneak into Round 1. Had lots of good things to say about our picks.

Kirwan was a long time scout in the NFL and ran a few drafts for the Jets. He knows how to break down film and ID real talent. Always enjoy his insightful, pragmatic commentary.

He rates Whitner, McCargo and Simpson as 1st Round talents. Youboty as a 2nd Round talent.

Didn't we wind up with all these players, plus a good rotation DT in Kyle Williams in Round 5 ? Last I checked, our D was in dire need of an influx of actual talent. So that's 5 guys who could be seeing various degrees of playing time this September on our D and a solid foundation for the future.

And this is a bad draft ?????????????? :coocoo:

Not in my world.

Screw You, ESPN !

ddaryl
05-02-2006, 06:03 AM
I gave up caring what the experts think. I do get annoyed by the lack of faith from the so called Bills faithful

Luisito23
05-02-2006, 06:13 AM
I was mad as f*** at first, but I've calmed down alot, and despite everything said, I still do, and will always trust my man Marv, so the hell with all those so called experts...:curse:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-02-2006, 07:46 AM
This is an excellent draft if you really look at it. Our defensive backfield is going to be filthy in two years especially if we can sign Nate to a deal. Imagine Nate-Ko-Donte-Terrence-Ashton that's a boat load of talent right there. The thing I like best about the guys we took is that they are the types of players that never take a play off and they will help our run support up the middle to no end. Vincent can't tackle anymore, and Milloy didn't have that nastiness he used to. I do think that we are still going to need help on the DLine, but I am comfortable waiting till next off season to get it.

Dozerdog
05-02-2006, 07:52 AM
The guys who really pissed me off were Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcotts. They were acting like the Bills "panicked" when Huff went off thre boards and just grabbed "any old safety".

idiots have no clue sometimes

Saratoga Slim
05-02-2006, 08:00 AM
The guys who really pissed me off were Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcotts. They were acting like the Bills "panicked" when Huff went off thre boards and just grabbed "any old safety".

we may have "reached", but I think its pretty obvious Marv & Co. had a plan and stuck to it. there was no panicking.

Night Train
05-02-2006, 08:01 AM

Schein was also the guy that said the Bills should just give up and cut Moulds. We'd NEVER get anything for him.

The 5th round pick we received went for DT Kyle Williams, who will probably be seeing some snaps this coming September.

Nice call, Adam ! You're on a roll !

BillsNick
05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
The more I've had a chance to study our draft, the better I feel about it. The guys we selected are high character, highly driven, and seem to fit our philosophy to a "T".

Also, the fact of the matter is that we simply won't know if we really "REACHED" in a year or two. Everyone may look back and say, that we had one of the better drafts in years.

Plus, for the couple of "reaches" we had, we also had a couple of "steals" so I think we even out for the most part.

Good Job Marv, Tom and Dick. :up:

jamze132
05-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Things don't always appear as they seem. Ony time will tell Kiper will suck Levy off.

Tatonka
05-02-2006, 10:41 AM

i tried to call about 40 times after they said that.. i was so pissed.. but i couldnt get through.. i will have words with them this week though.. bet on that.

Kerr
05-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Hopefully these picks pan out. I didn't get pissed at all with any of these picks. I think that with any pick, you have to let that pick get out on the field before you can judge a draft. If Marv's first draft pans out, it will only add more value to his hall of fame name.

BigZ
05-02-2006, 11:44 AM
i tried to call about 40 times after they said that.. i was so pissed.. but i couldnt get through.. i will have words with them this week though.. bet on that.

Go get 'em!

Ask them how many teams they coached or were GM for.

Michael82
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
This was the kind of draft that you may not like at first, until you actually start to look at it and think of how much it helped rebuild our defense with Cover 2 guys and fill our needs.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 03:34 PM

:bf1:

Just let us know when you're holding and about rip in to those f**kers, so we can listen in. Thanks.

BTW this is talk radio you're talking about right?