X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Jay Cutler will end up being the best of the 1st round QB's

A lot of the times with QB's their success has to do with the situation they are brought into.

Cutler is going to Denver where Shanahan has a long history of turning out good QB's. He gets the most out of every single one of them. His system also produces good RB's too. If they ever actually get their hands on a RB with a lot of talent I could just imagine how that would turn out. He keeps getting 1,000+ yards out of scrubs like Gary, Anderson and others. Portis was amazing with Denver. He is still good but hasn't came close to having the production he had in Denver.

Brian Griese- Was great in Denver. Most people outside of the Denver organization thought they had a great QB for years to come. Denver gets rid of him and then he doesn't do anything till this year when he gets under Gruden.

Jake Plummer- Had a lot of potential but never put it together in Arizona. That doesn't surprise me seeing that it was Arizona. He comes to Denver and plays very well. In the regular season at least.

Shanahan was also instrumental in developing other QB's like Steve Young.

Cutler is put into a good situation where he will always have a good running game. He also has a coach who can groom them and will be in a QB friendly system.

I mean look at what Denver has done in the past. Most of them players were crap anywhere else outside of Denver. Now they have an impact WR like Javon Walker. They haven't had an impact receiver like that since Shannon Sharpe. Rod Smith was good but not elite. Most of his success was due to Denver's system.

Leinart should be 2nd best to Cutler. Denny Green is also good with QB's, has a great system and Leinart will have great targets around him.
  • LarryBoy
    The world needs a hero!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Jay Cutler will end up being the best of the 1st round QB's

I agree, I really like Cutler and would have been very happy if the Bills had drafted him.
    Bills Rock!

Comment

Working...
    X