PDA

View Full Version : Vincent's Future?

ublinkwescore
05-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Think we'll be moving him back to Corner?

Maybe nickle back?

ideas?

Ebenezer
05-02-2006, 09:19 AM
gone after 2006.

OpIv37
05-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Corner? If he's too old and slow to play S, he's DEFINITELY too old to play CB.

Vincent and either Bowens or Whitner will be starting at S on opening day. I agree with Eb- Vincent's gone after this year and the reasons for the draft picks were finding his replacement.

ublinkwescore
05-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Yeah, but what role will he play this year...

I think someone stated on here that we save no money by getting rid of him this year, and that he's still valuable to us as an on the field mentor...

but from what position will he mentor from?

Or will he be rotating in and out with say Youboty and Simpson at different positions?

OpIv37
05-02-2006, 09:23 AM
you can't start two rookies at safety in a cover 2- we will need Vincent's vet presence on the field as a starter.

If we're lucky, both Whitner and Simpson will come on this year and maybe Vincent can be phased out of his starting role by the end of the season. But that's unlikely.

Billsrock4life
05-02-2006, 02:39 PM
how old is he now, 33?

HHURRICANE
05-02-2006, 02:48 PM
how old is he now, 33?

mysticsoto
05-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Corner? If he's too old and slow to play S, he's DEFINITELY too old to play CB.

Vincent and either Bowens or Whitner will be starting at S on opening day. I agree with Eb- Vincent's gone after this year and the reasons for the draft picks were finding his replacement.

I'd wager Whitner starting...that guy is FAST!!! If you haven't done it yet, look at some of his video...whew!!!

HHURRICANE
05-02-2006, 02:50 PM
you can't start two rookies at safety in a cover 2- we will need Vincent's vet presence on the field as a starter.

If we're lucky, both Whitner and Simpson will come on this year and maybe Vincent can be phased out of his starting role by the end of the season. But that's unlikely.

I hated Milloy and Vincent last year. But Milloy was definately worse than Vincent. I agree that Vinect needs to stay this year as we have no other options.

justasportsfan
05-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Vincent will play his heart out just so that he can find a job after this year. I like that he's put on the spot. :up:

JP needs to stay away at camp though.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM

You can't start two rookies at safety? Why can't you? It may not be pretty but you could. It is not as if they have never seen a cover 2 scheme before. Vincent will start if he earns the job, but regardless of what he does he will likely be gone next season.

Maybe he will stick around in a mentor role. An assistant DB coach or something. That would be cool. He seems to be a stand up guy. Except for causing Losman to break his leg of course.

OpIv37
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
You can't start two rookies at safety? Why can't you? It may not be pretty but you could. It is not as if they have never seen a cover 2 scheme before. Vincent will start if he earns the job, but regardless of what he does he will likely be gone next season.

Maybe he will stick around in a mentor role. An assistant DB coach or something. That would be cool. He seems to be a stand up guy. Except for causing Losman to break his leg of course.

rookies learning a new scheme and at the same time trying to adapt to the speed of the NFL and the length of the season? Has disaster written all over it.

I suppose there are some guys that can come in and do it, and I almost think as #8 overall Whitner damn well better be capable of starting. But I really hope Jauron and Fewell take a good hard look at these rookies in camp to be sure they're ready before he puts them both back there.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 03:14 PM
rookies learning a new scheme and at the same time trying to adapt to the speed of the NFL and the length of the season? Has disaster written all over it.

I suppose there are some guys that can come in and do it, and I almost think as #8 overall Whitner damn well better be capable of starting. But I really hope Jauron and Fewell take a good hard look at these rookies in camp to be sure they're ready before he puts them both back there.

I say jump in the fire. And I'm not talking about the Metallica song. Throw those MF'ers back there and see what they got. We ain't winning that many games this year anyway so we may as well get them some valuable experience. Even if it means getting their asses kicked while they catch up.

Marvelous
05-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Id rather be .400 with the rooks then .500 with Vincent. He offers nothing. He has been the biggest FA bust in recent history. And to think i was excited about him moving to FS. :(

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Id rather be .400 with the rooks then .500 with Vincent. He offers nothing. He has been the biggest FA bust in recent history. And to think i was excited about him moving to FS. :(

Right? All he did was come in and **** up J.P. Losman's first year. Curse you Donahoe you P.O.S.

John Doe
05-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I think that we could start Bowens and Whitner. If we keep Vincent, then you probably have to cut young safties including Baker and Leonhard. Wire might not fit the cover 2 at all - we have a ton of special teams players now and he won't be missed much there.

Vincent might stay on, but he hardly fits the mold of what they are trying to do.

G. Host
05-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Think we'll be moving him back to Corner?

Maybe nickle back?

ideas?

Front office.