PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Canton : Jim Kelly's greatest moments

Dozerdog
07-15-2002, 05:35 PM
In couple more weeks, Marv Levy will be inducting Jimbo into the Hall Of Fame, ugly yellow blazer and all.

For the next two weeks,we will bring you the top 10 moments of his career.

Do you have any Jim Kelly moments to remember? Your best memories? Share with the group........talk amongs yourselves...

Kelly moment #1, the arrival.... (http://buffalobills.com/team/index.cfm?cont_id=81103)

gonzo1105
07-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Remember the play i think it was in 91 when Kelly ran in the TD at the end of the game against the Dolphins to win it for Buffalo in Miami on Monday night. That was an exciting game

The_Philster
07-16-2002, 05:18 AM
Actually, that was 1989 if you're thinking of the play we see all the time, gonzo.

Ebenezer
07-16-2002, 05:56 AM
and it was a Sunday afternoon...not a monday night...and it is my favorite JK play also!

Dozerdog
07-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Today's Kelly memory fom the front page?

Kelly's 260 yard 3 td first half performance on Monday night, destroying the Jets

angneli
07-18-2002, 04:25 PM
I liked the one where he through that touchdown.

SABURZFAN
07-18-2002, 04:31 PM
i read somewhere that he has 500 rooms reserved for family and friends.add to another record that kelly broke.

:gobills:

Dozerdog
07-20-2002, 09:20 AM
The Houston shoot out was an awesome game. Somewhat of a homecoming for Kelly as he played there in the USFL. I remember my buddy had Houston in some sort of betting pool, so he was rooting for them. As we watched the game in the sports bar, we had a freindly wager.

"I'll buy a round when Houston scores, and you owe me a round when the Bills score"

I got wasted that day

Herdwatcher
07-20-2002, 11:08 AM
How about the AFC Championship game against the Raiders.
Everything went right that day. On the first scoring drive, the team was around the 15 yard line or so of the Raiders. Kelly took the snap in the shot-gun. The ball went to his right, bounced around like crazy behind the line, Kelly sees the ball, it bounces right to him. With-in a heart beat Howie Long was reaching for Kelly and hoping for a sack. The brilliant Move of Kelly, a nice roll away let him escape and find Lofton (I think) at the goal line for the TD BABY!!!