PDA

View Full Version : The Pimps are very excited about their 13th round pickups

BillsFever21
05-02-2006, 10:46 AM
The Pimps drafted T Kwame Harris, QB Phillip Rivers and S Will Allen in the 13th round.

Kwame Harris- We feel he is a good young player with tons of potential. He won't be starting this season but we feel in another year or two he has a great chance of being a good Tackle for our team. He is only 23 years old and has tons of room to improve.

Phillip Rivers- Rivers won't be playing this season but we're excited about his future possibilities. He is another one with tons of potential. We were thrilled he was still here in the 13th round. Our strategy worked out perfectly. We have a potential young starting caliber QB for only 2 million dollars. We were very surprised and thrilled he was still sitting there for us.

Will Allen- Allen will be competing for a starting job this season for the Pimps. He is only 23 years old and played good when he had the opportunity for the Bucs last year. Dexter Jackson is gone and he will be taking over the starting role this season. We feel he has the talent and potential to be the Pimps starting safety for years to come if he makes the progression we feel he is capable of. He's in a good situation in Tampa Bay and on a good defense which will give him plenty of opportunites to become better.

We couldn't be anymore happier today. Every player we targeted for the 13th round was still there for us. Other owners may not be very happy. They lost their players. The Pimps are very excited about our day though.

We already have a good core of talent on our team but we still have some holes that need filled. We were focusing on players with a ton of potential that could help our team after this season. We are building for the future.

We feel with the players we picked up we did just that. We might compete for a playoff spot this year but if we don't then we won't be upset.

We have a draft this season to help fill our holes. We will have a player like Javon Walker who will pay huge dividends for us next year.

We netted players who will be capable of being elite players after this season. We picked up players who will either be filling a starting hole already on our team or who will be able to take over a starting role for other players whose salary will be getting up there pretty high in the next couple of years.

We won't be very active the rest of this draft till the very late rounds. We are very low on cap money now. The roster spots left to fill are for 3rd stringers so we're not worried about it. Our strategy was to spend money on players with the potential to be future stars. The 3rd stringers can be filled very cheap.

Every player we coveted this FA Draft we picked up. We couldn't be any happier about the way this draft turned out. We had a strategy and stuck to it and it all fell into place.

BillsFever21
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Bradford, Pennsylvania(AP)-- The Pimps are mainly finished with their FA signings for this season. They still have some depth positions to fill but they won't be a very big player the rest of FA.

The new owner of the Pimps, BillsFever21, took over a team who only won 4 games last season. He has made a lot of moves this offseason and has upset a few owners but it doesn't phase the new guy in town.

"I bought this team for one reason and that is to try and build a winning football team. I was left with some good core players but this team was far behind the rest of the league.

We filled some important holes this offseason and we are very excited about the future of this team. This process isn't nearly finished after just 1 offseason but we feel in a year or two we will be a team to contend with. We picked up some players that we feel could be impact players for years to come"

Them players BillsFever21 are talking about are players like Donovan McNabb, Jamal Lewis and Javon Walker.

At the start of FA all the Pimps had at QB was Mark Brunell and was without a starting caliber RB. BillsFever21 pulled some strings and went out and got Donovan McNabb and Jamal Lewis as RFA's. They will cost them draft picks next year but BillsFever21 isn't worried about that.

"We're not worried about the draft picks. They were important needs for this year and the future of our team"

The Pimps also filled a big need at RT by obtaining Chad Clifton for a 1 year contract. They also picked up Kwame Harris in FA and hope that he will progress enough to take over the RT spot after Clifton is gone.

"Kwame is a good young talent. You can never have enough good Tackles. We think he will be on our team for a long time"

Other players picked up by the Pimps are Phillip Rivers and Will Allen. Some found the Rivers signing odd seeing that they already obtained a franchise QB in Donovan McNabb and had the serviceable Mark Brunell on the roster too. Not according to BillsFever21 though.

"Phillip is young with a ton of potential that came very cheaply. Donovan had some injury issues last year and we want to protect ourselves against any future problems with his rips and sports hernia. It's vital to have 2 good QB's who are capable of stepping in and performing. We are stacked with receiving threats. We need to make sure there is somebody who can get these guys the ball at all times. We're looking beyond just this season with Phillip"

The Pimps are planning on grooming Rivers. If it works out then he can take over for McNabb in a year or two.

The other signing by the Pimps was safety Will Allen. He will compete for a starting job this season.

"We like the talent that Allen shows. He is still young and raw but we feel he will improve and we plan on tapping into that ability. He comes from a good background of DB's from Ohio State. He will be a major player on this team for years to come"

Devin
05-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Nice pick with Rivers.

BillsFever21
05-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Nice pick with Rivers.

Thanks. Hopefully he will be the real deal and I can have him take over for McNabb and pay 2m+ esculation for a starting QB instead of 7.5 million+ esculation.

BillsFever21
05-02-2006, 01:11 PM
I was worried about somebody taking him in the 3 million dollar rounds. I took the chance to wait it out to the 2 million dollar rounds and thankfully it worked out.

If I took him in the 3 million dollar round I wouldn't have been able to afford grabbing both Harris and Allen.

I have just enough money to fill out the rest of my backups. I still need to sign 9 players but I only have 4.6 million left to do it in.

Michael82
05-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Nice pick with Rivers.
Agreed. That definitely was a solid pickup. :up:

BillsFever21
05-02-2006, 01:19 PM
I thought for sure somebody was gonna take him in the 3 million dollar rounds. I wanted Harris and Allen too. Them 3 were on the top of my list.

It all worked out though. I ended up getting all 3 of them in the 2 million dollar round like I wanted.

It took some wheeling and dealing to make it happen. Luckily somebody wanted my 7th round pick and I got his high 13th. Then this morning I was lucky enough to make a trade for another high 13th.

I knew they would defintely go early in this round. I'm just lucky it all fell into place.

Ebenezer
05-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Rivers = Steal

BillsFever21
05-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Rivers = Steal

If he plays to his potential and puts up numbers similar to Brees he will be. I was amazed that nobody took him in the 3 million dollar rounds.

I couldn't afford to take him at 3 million and get the other players I wanted so I chanced it. My patience paid off. I got all 3 players that I targeted in the 13th round.

BillsFever21
05-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Since I got Rivers I wish I wouldn't have drafted McNabb now. I could've used that money now.

But Rivers is still unproven I guess. If he doesn't play up to his ability at least I still have McNabb. I think he will though.