PDA

View Full Version : 2 days after the draft and im pumped

djjimkelly
05-02-2006, 11:22 AM
i know alot have been down on this draft. the profesional analysts i spit on them for a few reasons.

1. 5 years ago when we drafted mike williams and the rest of them bums of the 2001 draft we got praised on espn. how did that turn OUT!!!!!

2. that same draft i clearly remember the bengles getting killed for their first round pick LEVI JONES. well i dont think there is one person on this board who wouldnt trade mike williams for levi jones . in fact i dont think anyone in minnesota who would nt trade bryant mckinnie for levi jones.

3. we got ridiculed for drafting mcgahee by media while henry on team. well come first week in septemebr henry might be a 3rd string RB on the titans.

so back to my being pumped. i believe we are 1-11 vs the pats over the last 6 years.
IMO a HUGE reason for that besides our offensive issues was...

serious matchup problems in our secondary when they spread us out. how many times do we all remember brady coming out 3-5 wr and shreding us down the field with 1 or both safeties being clueless on a brady 30 yard strike. or them coming out in some crazy 2 wr formation making one shift and immediately our SS or nickel CB being lost on an island.

MARV and CO did what IMO was the smartest thing they could have done this weekend BESIDES taking D"brick in first round.

THEY said we are matching up with the patriots and will no longer be schemed agst and no longer have personal to combat it.

i think marv and co drafted based on what D needs and more importantly drafted to get what we need to have a chance to beat the pats

and while i think NATE and MCGEE are excellent CBs and i think Vincent is a solid FS once we got into nickel DIME we got exposed becuz milloy couldnt help back there our nickel and dime cbs have been not good.

must i remind that vincent is 36 and that clements becuz oif the tag might be gone sooner then later.

no the bills DIDNT grab a franchise O lineman i wish they would have but there wasnt any there so they did the next best thing

THEY FINALLY SET OUR D UP TO MATCHUP WITH PATS and i HATE to SAY it that 4th QUARTER WITH PHINS TO MATCHUP WITH THEM TOO!!!

GOOD WORK MARV

Kerr
05-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I certainly am looking forward to the season.

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2006, 11:38 AM
just like there are reaches in the draft that turn out good, there are also high ranked players who dont amount to anything. it goes both ways.

thecoordinator
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
without trying to start too much trouble, i think nate is overrated. he made his career early off of noodle arm (jay fiedler) and his probowl appearance the year before last was because i think 2 or 3 guys that would have gone before him backed out. then, he says he wants to be the highest paid cb in the league, and follows that with an avg. season. he needs to step his game up if he wants to be considered one of the upper eschelon cbs in the nfl. i think he lost that rep last year.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 04:10 PM
without trying to start too much trouble, i think nate is overrated. he made his career early off of noodle arm (jay fiedler) and his probowl appearance the year before last was because i think 2 or 3 guys that would have gone before him backed out. then, he says he wants to be the highest paid cb in the league, and follows that with an avg. season. he needs to step his game up if he wants to be considered one of the upper eschelon cbs in the nfl. i think he lost that rep last year.

I would say that most Bill's fans would agree with you here. They should anyway. The only place in the entire world where Nate is underrated? Is in his own mind.

But it sure was fun watching him single-handedly take your team down on more than one occasion. That is until game 2 of last year of course.

Looking forward to seeing how we match up this year.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Oh I am definitely pumped. When last season ended so miserably, and we were all calling for Donahoe & Moolarkey's heads, I remember thinking...

The only way that I can get excited about this team again is if they brought in Ron Wolfe and Marv Levy.

Well I got half of my wish and I must say that I am just absolutley f**king thrilled.

GO BILLS!!!

thecoordinator
05-02-2006, 04:16 PM
...But it sure was fun watching him single-handedly take your team down on more than one occasion. That is until game 2 of last year of course.

yeah i wish i had access to coaches tapes to see exactly what was going on during that game cuz you guys made rosenfels look like joe montana. i dont know if it was your players or your scheme, but i do know sage isnt that good.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
yeah i wish i had access to coaches tapes to see exactly what was going on during that game cuz you guys made rosenfels look like joe montana. i dont know if it was your players or your scheme, but i do know sage isnt that good.

Well it certainly did not help that genius Jerry Gray had our DB's playing 15 yards off the Miami receivers. Oh and let us not forget how Moolarkey brought his team out of the locker room up 21 at the half and began practicing his gadget plays.

Let's put it this way. Do not (and I repeat) DO NOT be surprised if we see another Kevin Gilbride/Buddy Ryan debacle on your sideline this year. Mike Mularkey needs his ass kicked and I wouldn't be shocked if Saban doesn't go apey on that MFer for some of the calls he makes.

:cow:

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
What you don't think that Sage Rosenfels is STILL the best QB on your roster? Well I do. You think Minnesota let PEP walk because of the ORGY incident? You should have went after Drew Brees.

thecoordinator
05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Do not (and I repeat) DO NOT be surprised if we see another Kevin Gilbride/Buddy Ryan debacle on your sideline this year. Mike Mularkey needs his ass kicked and I wouldn't be shocked if Saban doesn't go apey on that MFer for some of the calls he makes.:cow:

yeah i was pretty ticked when saban hired mularkey but he has since said that we will keep the same offense intact. im hoping that means nick gives mike a list of plays for down and distance and says you call anything not on this play list and youre fired! lol

justasportsfan
05-02-2006, 04:36 PM
What you don't think that Sage Rosenfels is STILL the best QB on your roster? Well I do. You think Minnesota let PEP walk because of the ORGY incident? You should have went after Drew Brees.Sage is no longer a fin. They have Cleo Lemon and are waiting on Harrington.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 04:36 PM
From what the Dolphin players say, not only will Saban say that he had better stick to these plays under these circumstances, but that he will kick the living hell out of him and then fire his ass if he doesn't.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Sage is no longer a fin. They have Cleo Lemon and are waiting on Harrington.

Good God Justa. Do you work for Eli Sports Statistics Bureau or something? Guess I better get my facts straight before I go running my mouth huh? Thanks buddy.

:shy:

The Spaz
05-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Good God Justa. Do you work for Eli Sports Statistics Bureau or something? Guess I better get my facts straight before I go running my mouth huh? Thanks buddy.

:shy:

He tries.:up:

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
He tries.:up:

He sure does. I think you two should swap user names.