• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

No love for Mel Kiper...

I didn't think Kiper was harsh on the Bills at all really - I mean, I know he is the token draft buffoon, but personally I thought his criticism this year was legitimate..

While all the other ESPN know-it-alls were bashing us, and Mort thrust his nose up in the air and was ripping the Bills apart about 'knowing value', Kiper got in Morts face and said he had NO problem taking Whitner at 8. He did question trading up for McCargo, but I don't have a problem with that.

Then later on in the day, when Mort AGAIN started spouting his hatred (what is up with Mort anyway, I used to like the guy, now he just comes off as a hateful, holier-than-thou idiot), Kiper says, if the players had been flipped around, and the Bills had taken Youboty at 26, and McCargo in the 3rd, NOBODY would have a problem with that. And he literally shut Mort up, I thought it was great!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: No love for Mel Kiper...

Originally posted by JJamezz
    what is up with Mort anyway, I used to like the guy, now he just comes off as a hateful, holier-than-thou idiot),
    he and TD used to take showers together.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PIZ
      • Apr 2003

Crap, I missed that. I did see Mort's first rant. Man, I can't stand Mort. It was like his only reason for covering the draft was to rip the Bills. I'm starting to really like Kiper.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Mort and TD we said to have been buddies. I guess this is his way of trying to show that Buffalo's drafts we better managed under the direction of TD. ESPN in general pretty much blows. I was more than glad to watch the draft on NFL Network.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          And Ralph walked in on them?

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
            Mort and TD we said to have been buddies. I guess this is his way of trying to show that Buffalo's drafts we better managed under the direction of TD. ESPN in general pretty much blows. I was more than glad to watch the draft on NFL Network.
            I think there's more to it than their friendship - I mean, its been 4 months, and Mort was just SEETHING whenever the Bills came up... Either there's more to it than meets the eye, or Mort's got a few screws loose..

NFLN's coverage was great, until about round 3, and then all of day 2...

Comment

• PIZ
              • Apr 2003

How do you email Mort? I'd love to give him a piece of my mind.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JJamezz
                I didn't think Kiper was harsh on the Bills at all really - I mean, I know he is the token draft buffoon, but personally I thought his criticism this year was legitimate..

While all the other ESPN know-it-alls were bashing us, and Mort thrust his nose up in the air and was ripping the Bills apart about 'knowing value', Kiper got in Morts face and said he had NO problem taking Whitner at 8. He did question trading up for McCargo, but I don't have a problem with that.

Then later on in the day, when Mort AGAIN started spouting his hatred (what is up with Mort anyway, I used to like the guy, now he just comes off as a hateful, holier-than-thou idiot), Kiper says, if the players had been flipped around, and the Bills had taken Youboty at 26, and McCargo in the 3rd, NOBODY would have a problem with that. And he literally shut Mort up, I thought it was great!
                Kiper made his "draft value" argument, stating the Bills still wound up with good talent and moved on. But little question Mort had an axe to grind with the Bills. He went out of his way to costantly bring up the Bills and hammer them. Started fresh all over again Sunday morning.

That did it for me, permanently. No more ESPN on Draft day. From now on, I'll watch the NFL Network coverage. Far more professional.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• PIZ
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                  Kiper made his "draft value" argument, stating the Bills still wound up with good talent and moved on. But little question Mort had an axe to grind with the Bills. He went out of his way to costantly bring up the Bills and hammer them. Started fresh all over again Sunday morning.

That did it for me, permanently. No more ESPN on Draft day. From now on, I'll watch the NFL Network coverage. Far more professional.
                  Somehow, we need to get a response (reason) from ESPN regarding Mort's obvious dislike toward the Bills. Maybe we can come up with a petition to never watch ESPN DRAFT DAY as long as Mort is involved.

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

I don't mind Morts critism because hopefully our draft picks will make him eat his words this season. Wouldnt that be nice??
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                      • Feb 2005

they still do
                      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Marvelous
                        • Feb 2004

I wish Kiper had his own show by himself where Breaks down the picks until the next pick etc etc etc. He clearly is limited because of ESPN trying so hard to entertain... I wish i wish i wish....
                        GO BILLS!!! NE
                        Magical Trevor

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

Absolutley no love on my end for Kiper and his band of bufoons. Last year when I was in Vegas I hawked about twenty loogies at the ESPN Sports Zone.

Ok I didn't really but looking back I wish that I had. Man with these types of antics I wonder sometimes how my wife still puts up with me. And to think we've only been married for 2 years. She's in for a long haul eh?

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PIZ
                            Crap, I missed that. I did see Mort's first rant. Man, I can't stand Mort. It was like his only reason for covering the draft was to rip the Bills. I'm starting to really like Kiper.
                            I am glad I missed that!

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Mort is a closet Bills fan, thats why he was so pissed like every other Bills fan on draft day. I am sure by now though, he has seen the light and feels like an ass for the way he pouted like a little ***** in front of a national audience. Kiper is still a tool.

By the way, I wonder if Berman's cab driver was wrong this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X