PDA

View Full Version : Perfect place for Marcus Vick

Ickybaluky
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Reportedly, Marcus Vick will attend Miami's minicamp in hopes of being signed to a contract. It basically is a tryout.

IMO, this is the perfect place for Vick. It was too easy to get into trouble in a place like Morgantown, WV. There are just too many places he can get into trouble. In Miami, he will can be taken under the wing of upstanding citizens like Randy McMichael and hang around those friendly kind of people you find at South Beach. That will keep him out of trouble.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430107)

Mitchy moo
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Undrafted and still unsigned former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick will attend the Miami Dolphins' rookie mini-camp this weekend to audition for the team's coaches and personnel officials, ESPN.com has learned.

The invitation comes with no strings attached and no promises of employment.

League rules permit clubs to bring in a limited number of free agent rookies to participate in mini-camp sessions. Teams use the practices to evaluate the players on the field and the auditions often lead to contract offers. Whether the Dolphins decide to sign Vick, the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons star Michael Vick, probably depends on how well he performs this weekend.

Dismissed from the Hokies squad in January, for what university president Dr. Charles Steger termed "the cumulative effect of legal infractions and unsportsmanlike play," Marcus Vick was not among the 255 players selected in the draft. Some teams inquired about him in the two days since the draft, but none offered a free agent contract.

There is a possibility that, if the Dolphins don't offer Vick a contract and no other NFL club demonstrates interest in him, he might have to consider the CFL as an option for beginning his professional career.

Bet you him and Ricky :private:.

Mitchy moo
05-02-2006, 12:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430107

justasportsfan
05-02-2006, 12:49 PM
wow skoobs. Your wealthy friend finally came through. Even gave you a link ... :D

Mitchy moo
05-02-2006, 12:54 PM
wow skoobs. Your wealthy friend finally came through. Even gave you a link ... :D

Ha, ha, very funny. Would anyone bring Vick on to try out for the Bills?

Devin
05-02-2006, 12:56 PM
:roflmao:

don137
05-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I guess Miami is proving character is not as important as winning...

Billscusey
05-02-2006, 12:59 PM
That's hilarious! I wouldn't be surprised if Vick is "their kinda guy!"

CAbills
05-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Well with Ricky gone they need someone to make headlines!

Earthquake Enyart
05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
The perfect place for Marcus Vick is the Terre Haute Federal Pen.

Michael82
05-02-2006, 03:24 PM
:bf1:

deathadder
05-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Of Course, the team that would take a trouble maker with the law would allow Vick to go to their rookie camp. The Dolfelons always accept convicts, wife beaters, and trouble makers.

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430107&name=FPT-2430107-050216&srvc=sz

LtFinFan66
05-02-2006, 05:08 PM
blah, blah, blah. I don't like the move much but even some on here said sometimes you have to look and see if there is talent you can use. Character doesn't always win games, talent and luck do that. That being said, I hate the idea simply because I think his brother is totally overrated and so is he. Maybe make him a RB or WR. Can he catch?

Mr. Pink
05-02-2006, 05:14 PM
This is the perfect place for Vick for another reason.

If PEPs isn't cleared medically to play in week 1, Vick might be the Dolphins opening day starting QB. This gives him a chance to prove he can play and compete on the NFL level. When you're only option besides him is Cleo Lemon, if Vick shows anything in their minicamps, who do you think is gonna start?

Now if the Phins get Harrington it's a different story.

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 05:14 PM

:rofl:

Shoot with PEP as team captain I'll bet Vick is hosting the next team orgy in no time.

LtFinFan66
05-02-2006, 05:21 PM
This is the perfect place for Vick for another reason.

If PEPs isn't cleared medically to play in week 1, Vick might be the Dolphins opening day starting QB. This gives him a chance to prove he can play and compete on the NFL level. When you're only option besides him is Cleo Lemon, if Vick shows anything in their minicamps, who do you think is gonna start?

Now if the Phins get Harrington it's a different story.In that case...God I hope we get harrington.

Kadiddlehopper
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
And this is yall's idea of a player with character?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=217Hs_Mgw_Q

The_Philster
05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
And this is yall's idea of a player with character?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=217Hs_Mgw_Q
already discussed here (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=98810)?

!Papacrunk!
05-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Is this a ranch, because how many high horses are out there? To be honest the guy seems to be a goof that's had a lot of opportunities and he's messed up a lot. I would say he's messed up too many times to be really given a chance to succeed. I guess one could say that Saban is a supportive teacher that may be able to help "rehabilitate" a guy by taking him under his wing and giving him an opportunity to succeed with the right tuteledge. Like I said I think Vick is a goof that has done a lot of stupid things, but as I mentioned in the Butler thread, if he's learned the error of his ways and wants a chance to better himself, shouldn't he be given that opportunity? I f he doesn't work out and he continues to be an idiot, what do we lose? If he gains A LOT of maturity and is able to be that better person., then everyone wins.

But please, some people need to get over themselves before they start putting saint in front of their names, especially when they messed up and someone was there to help them out in a pinch.

Luisito23
05-02-2006, 07:09 PM
In that case...God I hope we get harrington.

LOL...

GO BILLS!!!!!!

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
VTech isnt in Morgantown. Anyways, im sure him and McMichael will get along. Im sure theyll have fun pillaging the woman.

Jeff1220
05-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Is this a ranch, because how many high horses are out there? To be honest the guy seems to be a goof that's had a lot of opportunities and he's messed up a lot. I would say he's messed up too many times to be really given a chance to succeed. I guess one could say that Saban is a supportive teacher that may be able to help "rehabilitate" a guy by taking him under his wing and giving him an opportunity to succeed with the right tuteledge. Like I said I think Vick is a goof that has done a lot of stupid things, but as I mentioned in the Butler thread, if he's learned the error of his ways and wants a chance to better himself, shouldn't he be given that opportunity? I f he doesn't work out and he continues to be an idiot, what do we lose? If he gains A LOT of maturity and is able to be that better person., then everyone wins.

But please, some people need to get over themselves before they start putting saint in front of their names, especially when they messed up and someone was there to help them out in a pinch.

I agree with you to some extent on 2nd chances, but Vick has already had several. Even after getting booted from the VT team, he basically flipped them the bird and just said "I'll just go pro." He has shown know sign of humility or remorse for anything he has done, and seems to have a huge attitude of "I'm entitled."
As for Saban, he didn't exactly have the greatest success in rehabilitating Ricky.

Nighthawk
05-02-2006, 08:04 PM
The problem I have with this move is that the Phins seem to be a place where problem children go to play. At some point they have to draw a line...when the hell does that line start to be drawn?

Ickybaluky
05-02-2006, 08:32 PM
VTech isnt in Morgantown. Anyways, im sure him and McMichael will get along. Im sure theyll have fun pillaging the woman.

Right, I was thinking of West Virginia.

Change it to Blacksburg, Virginia.

feelthepain
05-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Reportedly, Marcus Vick will attend Miami's minicamp in hopes of being signed to a contract. It basically is a tryout.

IMO, this is the perfect place for Vick. It was too easy to get into trouble in a place like Morgantown, WV. There are just too many places he can get into trouble. In Miami, he will can be taken under the wing of upstanding citizens like Randy McMichael and hang around those friendly kind of people you find at South Beach. That will keep him out of trouble.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430107)

Ummm, thats Blacksburg VA, not Morgantown WV!!

im4bflo
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
blah, blah, blah. I don't like the move much but even some on here said sometimes you have to look and see if there is talent you can use. Character doesn't always win games, talent and luck do that. That being said, I hate the idea simply because I think his brother is totally overrated and so is he. Maybe make him a RB or WR. Can he catch?
Nice the glass is half full answer... but :snicker2:

G. Host
05-02-2006, 09:19 PM

If he can not make in Miami, he can always join the Air Force :D

more cowbell
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
marcus vick went to virginia tech...which is blacksburg Va, morgantown wv is west virginia....

anyways doesnt even matter because marcus vick likes guys so hell fit in well with the real tough guy uniforms and colors in miami

dplus47
05-02-2006, 11:21 PM
anyways doesnt even matter because marcus vick likes guys so hell fit in well with the real tough guy uniforms and colors in miami

so what kind of guy picks a favorite team based on their uniforms?

Marvelous
05-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Alright, who has the list of all teh Dolfelons shady player history? Been looking for that. Used to be in my favs..