PDA

View Full Version : Who Will be the first rookie 2 start from this Draft??

bigbub2352
05-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I believe that the first rookie to be named starter will be McCargo DT from NC State only because we signed Bowen and they are gonna let Whitner beat him out in Training Camp, it is the right thing to do, But i see McCargo stepping right in and Taking over for the weak Tim Anderson Any thoughts?????????

Nighthawk
05-02-2006, 08:09 PM
I believe that the first rookie to be named starter will be McCargo DT from NC State only because we signed Bowen and they are gonna let Whitner beat him out in Training Camp, it is the right thing to do, But i see McCargo stepping right in and Taking over for the weak Tim Anderson Any thoughts?????????

Whitner & McCargo...

Dozerdog
05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Whitner, McCargo Maybe Simpson

Mr. Pink
05-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Youboty. I don't think Clements is gonna sign his tender til week 10 so he gets his year of nfl experience in.

YardRat
05-02-2006, 08:24 PM
McCargo...it's easier to make the transition to the NFL at DT than safety, IMO.

jimbohastle51
05-02-2006, 08:29 PM
mcargo wont start, if fact he will mostly only play on pass rushing situations, because he plays the same position as tripplett. whitner will start from day one. you dont draft someone in the top ten on defense to backup. and everyone should remember ko simpson was an all sec player and has just as much credentials as whitner, but ko is a free saftey for us so he could challenge vincent from day one. you can almost garuntee but week 8-9 simpson and whitner will be our main safties for years to come. as for mcargo you could make the case for him being the 2nd best DT in the draft but he is a real wildcard, he could be great or could be the biggest 1st round bust of the draft. i do like the whitner and simpson picks the funny thing is that if you looked at most of the moch drafts around the country they were rated about the same and in fact both were mostly late first early second picks. who would have ever thought we'de land both.

patmoran2006
05-02-2006, 09:04 PM
8th pick, it BETTER be Whitner, he should be number one on the depth charts right now!

McCargo will be the third tackle, at least EARLY in the season I think. He wont start but he'll get a lot of playing time, the EXACT same that Tripplett did in Indy

Pinkerton Security
05-02-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry if I'm not sold on Tim Anderson....but christ, its a sad state of affairs when he is our designated run stuffer......is there any way McCargo can fill that hole?

Jersey1031
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Whitner & McCarco

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Definitely Whitner. You do not draft someone that high to hold his jock on the sideline.

Tatonka
05-02-2006, 09:51 PM
i would feel a hell of alot better if we had sam adams here still.

bigbub2352
05-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Sam Adams was only good every 5th game we was overpaid and overradied never was a big fan of him, plus he is a jerk, Let the young kids play not the guy who is out there just for a paycheck

jamze132
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Youboty. I don't think Clements is gonna sign his tender til week 10 so he gets his year of nfl experience in.
It won't matter. He won't be allowed to play if he pulls that crap.

DraftBoy
05-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Whitner, McCargo, Simpson, and Youboty

Whitner-B/c bowen is a ST'er
McCargo-Anderson is a bum
Simpson-Vincent will be hurt
Youboty-Clements will be a little ***** and hold out

eyedog
05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Whitner should be an automatic starter. You don't pick a guy 8th and sit him.{outside of a qb}.
McGargo will be in a rotation, so it doesn't really matter who actually starts. And he will be playing on the passing downs.
Youboty, nickel or dime d-back. Clements will be there opening day.
Simpson should be the starter, but Marv may stick with the old@slow routine for the first part of the season. That would be a mistake imo.
Williams will play in the dt rotation.
Ellison should make the team as a backup/special teamer.
Butler at best will be a backup, at worst project.
Pennington long term project/practice squad.

BigZ
05-03-2006, 02:34 PM
8th pick, it BETTER be Whitner, he should be number one on the depth charts right now!

McCargo will be the third tackle, at least EARLY in the season I think. He wont start but he'll get a lot of playing time, the EXACT same that Tripplett did in Indy

I agree - Whinter.

When Pat mentioned the depth chart I went to buffalobills.com and checked out their interactive depth chart. Quite a few surprises there right now - check it out.

BigZ
05-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Whitner, McCargo, Simpson, and Youboty

Whitner-B/c bowen is a ST'er
McCargo-Anderson is a bum
Simpson-Vincent will be hurt
Youboty-Clements will be a little ***** and hold out

Funny, DraftBoy.

It would actually be hilarious if most of it wasn't true.

tampabay25690
05-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Both 1st round picks will be starting this year, and I think Simpson will play quite a bit. I love the sounds of Simpson and Whitner as our safeties for many years to come. Both guys can bring it..

DraftBoy
05-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Both 1st round picks will be starting this year, and I think Simpson will play quite a bit. I love the sounds of Simpson and Whitner as our safeties for many years to come. Both guys can bring it..

maybe....The Gruesome Twosome?

Bert102176
05-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Whitner Andreson was already named the other DT starter wasn't he

bigbub2352
05-04-2006, 09:15 AM
no neither have been named anything yet