X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dustybottmz
    • Jun 2004

O-Line solution

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I think I've come up with a solution for the Bills Offensive line woes. We've all seen the world's strongest man competition on ESPN before. These guys pull buses full of people behind them with nothing more than a rope wrapped around their torso. They deadlift around 1100 lbs. Why not take a chance and sign a couple of these guys and try them out as blockers on our line. What more is there to lose. Look at these guys for christ sakes...you mean to tell me they couldn't block for Willis

Stay ACTIVE! Live STRONG! Live NOW! STRONGMAN * MAS anyone? This site is to motivate and inspire to Live Strong and Healthy! Share Your Story

Just a thought.
  • Captain Obvious
    I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
    • Jul 2005

Re: O-Line solution

[quote=dustybottmz]I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I think I've come up with a solution for the Bills Offensive line woes. We've all seen the world's strongest man competition on ESPN before. These guys pull buses full of people behind them with nothing more than a rope wrapped around their torso. They deadlift around 1100 lbs. Why not take a chance and sign a couple of these guys and try them out as blockers on our line. What more is there to lose. Look at these guys for christ sakes...you mean to tell me they couldn't block for Willis

Stay ACTIVE! Live STRONG! Live NOW! STRONGMAN * MAS anyone? This site is to motivate and inspire to Live Strong and Healthy! Share Your Story

Just a thought.[/quote

Ummm..NO

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

awesome.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Yeah man... those guys carry kegs and throw them over walls and stuff, why couldn't they knock some fat Defensive Tackles on their butts?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Dt's and DE's in the NFL are a little bit different than buses...they tend to move around a little bit when the ball is snapped.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
            Dt's and DE's in the NFL are a little bit different than buses...they tend to move around a little bit when the ball is snapped.
            Yeah, Villarial and Gandy are so mobile!

Anderson was certainly an elusive beast last year.

Comment

• dustybottmz
              • Jun 2004

All I'm saying is that it is worth a shot. Give one of these guys a contract and let him come to camp and see if he can play or not.

Comment

• im4bflo
                the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                • Sep 2003

Those guys would be slugs, strong, but a good D lineman would get the best of him. They would be good for a goal line stance, but that's about it.

Comment

• ajsdx
                  • Aug 2003

not to mention, the NFL has drug testing. i bet those guys, at any given moment, are 5% steroids w/w.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

you have to be delusional to believe that players in the NFL aren't using steroids.

Comment

• ajsdx
                      • Aug 2003

at least the NFL catches some people some of the time (boston, peppers, sauerbrun). but these guys sweat steroids. hey, they can do it if they want; they look like greek statues. but they couldn't make it anywhere near an NFL field.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

You know who ive always thought would make good offensive lineman...sumo wrestlers. They start in a 3 point stance and use hands, footwork and leverage to win. Give one of those guys a shot!

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dustybottmz
                          I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I think I've come up with a solution for the Bills Offensive line woes. We've all seen the world's strongest man competition on ESPN before. These guys pull buses full of people behind them with nothing more than a rope wrapped around their torso. They deadlift around 1100 lbs. Why not take a chance and sign a couple of these guys and try them out as blockers on our line. What more is there to lose. Look at these guys for christ sakes...you mean to tell me they couldn't block for Willis

Just a thought.
                          From what you saw of last year, what makes you think Willis has enough pep to run around a line that big? He looks like he has had a replapse with his bad leg. He needs smaller linemen not larger so he can make it around that line. Of course if his right tackle learns to run block this year I'll be happy

Comment

• im4bflo
                            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                            You know who ive always thought would make good offensive lineman...sumo wrestlers. They start in a 3 point stance and use hands, footwork and leverage to win. Give one of those guys a shot!
                            I'd go with the Sumo dudes before the strongmen.

Comment

Working...
                            X