PDA

View Full Version : This could be fantastic!

Bill Brasky
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I really think the Sabs can be Ottawa... and I think Carolina can beat NJ...

Consequently, I love our chances if we can get to Carolina...

This could be an awesome next month for Sabres fans...

:pray:

But for now, I'll celebrate the fact that this town finally wins a playoff series/game

:beers:

LABillsFan
05-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Marty is the ultimate playoff goalie, but The Rangers are an aweful team, so even though his GAA was a 1.00 in the series, I can't say it was becasue he was so on as it was the Rangers aren't that good. I didn't get to see any of that series but the last few weeks of the season you could see the NYR just fall apart. I think Carolina can pull it off.

MTBillsFan
05-02-2006, 11:16 PM
For all Buffalo fans throughout the ages, we're do for a championship! (as if I need to say that) The cards are falling into place. If Calgary loses tomorrow, the top 4 seeds out of the west are gone, we can skate with any team in the league! This will be a great month for us Fans!

GO SABRES!

SABuffalo786
05-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Love the enthusiasm, but let's not get too overconfident.

Let's not kid ourselves, this is going to be a TOUGH series.

PUCKER
05-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Its going to be a tough series,but I can see us winning in 6 if we can win in their building and I DO believe the Canes can knock off the Devils. In fact,Im counting on it. :up:

qcsabresfan84
05-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Honestly I really like our chances against the Sens. If we play as physical on the forecheck as we did against Philly i think that we'll be able to continue the great offensive production. Our zone-man defense won't work as well against Ottawa as it did against Philly, but i think it will be enough to keep the sens forwards from playing as well as they did against tampa. I'm going to call us in six.

BlackMetalNinja
05-03-2006, 05:50 AM
I like our changes against Ottawa a hell of a lot more then I like Carolina's chances against NJ... NJ in 5... maaaaaaaaybe 6. Like I said before, if want a chance at the cup, we're gonna have to go through NJ.

YardRat
05-03-2006, 05:56 AM
Ottawa concerns me. Philly beat us twice playing like Cro Magnons, and the Sens are ten times better than the Flyers.

We're going to have to skate our asses off, and catch a couple of breaks.

BlackMetalNinja
05-03-2006, 06:09 AM
Ottawa concerns me. Philly beat us twice playing like Cro Magnons, and the Sens are ten times better than the Flyers.

That's basically it... like I said before, we need to play every game like Game 5 against Philly... Stellar defense, solid goaltending and our usual offensive prowess, to even compete with Ottawa. I think our best chance is to get on them early, Emery is decent but I think he's their weak link. Get in his head and we have a much better chance.

don137
05-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Miller can not have any off nights for Buffalo to win. No matter what happens I consider the season a success. We beat a team with a much higher payroll convincingly. We brought playoff hockey back to Buffalo and there is a lot of excitement. I think Buffalo is good enough to win against anybody but I also feel they could lose to any of the teams left. Philly and the Rangers were pretenders going into the playoffs. No that they are gone only the guys that have championship caliber teams are left

Meathead
05-03-2006, 07:25 AM
i dont know what team yall were watching but in every game that meant anything the sens controlled the sabres rather handily. the only exception was the shootout win by the sabres but every other time the sens needed to win they did. the last bflo victory was meaningless

the sens can counter anything the sabres throw at them. the best chance for the sabres is miller outplaying avery

sens in 5 or 6

JD
05-03-2006, 08:15 AM

I still say Philly just got lucky those two games. We outplayed them EVERY GAME but that got some lucky bounces in games 3 & 4.

JD
05-03-2006, 08:18 AM
i dont know what team yall were watching but in every game that meant anything the sens controlled the sabres rather handily. the only exception was the shootout win by the sabres but every other time the sens needed to win they did. the last bflo victory was meaningless

the sens can counter anything the sabres throw at them. the best chance for the sabres is miller outplaying avery

sens in 5 or 6
..what about owning them 6-2 and emery getting pulled in the second?? maybe you havnt watched the sabres THAT MUCH huh?
sabres in 6.