PDA

View Full Version : Which drafted player will sign last?

G. Host
05-02-2006, 10:54 PM
I think it will be Youboty because he thinks he fell so far and thinks he has leverage to a better contact since "Playmaker" will be playing with his balls and I am not talking about footballs.

Dozerdog
05-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Most teams sign the easy ones first- picks 3 through 7 since they will be slotted- and there isn't much negotiation room.

Whitner will be last - usually by choice of the Bills- once everyone is done they know how much of the rookie cap they can use, plus they know how much they commit.

My guesss is McCargo & Whitner sign with 2 days or less to opening of camp

LtFinFan66
05-03-2006, 12:06 AM
I chose Whitner. Top chosen players always seem to be the last to sign because they have to wait to see what the guy ahead of them gets paid

TigerJ
05-03-2006, 09:02 AM
The first chosen is almost always the last to sign. GMs knowing the highest pick will likely involve the most difficult negotiations often focus on getting late picks signed quickly so there are fewer distractions when trying to hammer out the contract with the top pick.

casdhf
05-03-2006, 10:15 AM
What are we going to have to pay an 8th ovr pick?

DraftBoy
05-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I think McCargo will be last to sign

G. Host
05-03-2006, 11:18 AM
The first chosen is almost always the last to sign. GMs knowing the highest pick will likely involve the most difficult negotiations often focus on getting late picks signed quickly so there are fewer distractions when trying to hammer out the contract with the top pick.

Not always. If picks 7 & 9 sign, it makes negotations faster since range has been targeted. I hope the Bills insist on 7 year contract for #8 pick If you want a large signing bonus, you should be obligated to stay a while.