PDA

View Full Version : Well, after being in the hospital since Sunday

X-Era
05-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Ill tell you what, Theres a few players that were steals for us:

1) Donte Whitner- That friggin kid can play! He is one fast sum b_tch! Not only that, he lasy the smack down. I love he sacks on Vince Young, and him blowing up into the back field to tackle RB's and make sacks. Hes a better prospect than Derrick Gibson was. This is one great pickup and I really believe we will LOVE this kid as a electrifying playmaker real early!

2) Kyle Williams- I watched alot of LSU games. I remember noticing that Williams often looked better than Wroten. He isnt the speed demon type, but what he does real well is get off his blocks and make solid wrap up tackles. The thing I noticed in the Yahoo clips was that often his sacks/tackles were alone. He wasnt a contributor but rather a guy who makes big plays all by himself. I like his motor, size, and ability to finish his plays alot. I think he will push McCargo to start.

3) John McCargo- The thing I noticed in the Yahoo clips was his ability to simply bounce off blocks, sometimes several, to make plays in the backfield. He definetely has speed. I see alot of Sapp in him. The only knock I saw was sometimes he doesnt wrap up. His penetration and block shedding skills will make him a force, his speed will give us a strong upfield presence against the run and pass. I love the pick, yes it was high, but getting our starting DT opposite Tripplett was well worth it. It was just to critical to take a risk on another 15 picks. I like this kid alot.

4) Terrence Pennington- I was very pleasantly suprised at what I saw on the Yahoo clips. The thing that stands out is the athleticism of him. Hes got great feet and doesnt seem to get bull rushed or blown back. My knock would be that he isnt moving out wide enough on pass plays. I think thats very fixable. Im excited about this kid. His size, athleticism, wingspan, and foot work make him an attractive long term LT prospect. Its a great 7th round pickup.

5) Ko Simpson- hes a playmaker for sure. Hes not in the Whitner caliper, but I see him being a better FS option than Vincent very early. Hes fast and makes plays. I especially like his tackling and what he brings against the run. He sometimes is gambling with breaking underneath, it may cost him some big plays. Id rather see him locked up with the receivers than take the gamble. But, hes all over the field and has a significant presence out there. Where we got him, being an early replacement for Vincent, playing alongside a complimentary player like Whitner, I love the move.

Overall, I love our D-line and secondary picks. If you look at our quality depth and the playmakers we already have at LB, and then look at what we added to our D-line in the middle, and the playmakers in the secondary, I think we can be a darkhorse for being a dominant D in 06. I really do. The speed, attitude, on the field presence, and flay-to-the-ball look that we will have will pay off big. Especially in our division where the top teams have pocket QB's.

BTW, it was Pneumonia, I went in with a very low blood pressure, and they wanted to beat the hell out of it with IV antibiotics. I was a bit scared because my fever was pretty high, 102.7, I was very dizzy (low blood pressure), and I was getting worse quickly. Just in case you were wondering.

I did hang in there until both 5th rounders on Sunday!!!! But it almost cost me as much as a week in the hospital rather than 3 days.

Luisito23
05-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Nice thread JP, and I hope you feeling better...

GO BILLS!!!!!

jmb1099
05-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Good thread and glad to see you're feeling a bit better. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

TigerJ
05-03-2006, 08:38 AM
BTW, it was Pneumonia, I went in with a very low blood pressure, and they wanted to beat the hell out of it with IV antibiotics. I was a bit scared because my fever was pretty high, 102.7, I was very dizzy (low blood pressure), and I was getting worse quickly. Just in case you were wondering.

I did hang in there until both 5th rounders on Sunday!!!! But it almost cost me as much as a week in the hospital rather than 3 days.

At least we know you have your priorities in order, JP. Glad to hear you're doing OK. As the days go by the Bills draft looks better and better. They may have made a tactical error in not getting another draft choice before drafting Whitner, but that doesn't overshadow what appears to me to be the quality of the whole draft.