X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Whitner coming to Buffalo?

Seems like most teams have their first round picks come visit, put on a jersey, have a little press conference etc.

Did the Bills do this? Are they scheduled to?
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Whitner coming to Buffalo?

He's probably flying around with Ralph and partying right now.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

mini camp this weekend
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

There will be photo sessions and interviews.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jersey1031
          • Feb 2003

Yea, I think we're the only team who haven't introduced our 1st rounders...
          "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

I heard on NFLTA that Ohio state players cant participate in team activities until their official school year is over in june.

Comment

• Jersey1031
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
              I heard on NFLTA that Ohio state players cant participate in team activities until their official school year is over in june.

Really that sucks, why is there school over in June? We're out in 3 days!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                He's probably flying around with Ralph and partying right now.
                Ralph will pick him up at the airport in his Taurus.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                  • Feb 2003

OHIO STATE FINAL EXAMS: Many fans are worried that because Ohio State has quarters instead of semesters that Donte Whitner and Ashton Youboty won't be able to practice with the Bills until training camp. After reading the story by ESPN's Len Pasquarelli on fellow OSU player Santonio Holmes, I could understand why you'd be concerned. I did a little legwork with the fine people in the Bills front office to get the official answer on when Whitner and Youboty can practice.

First, Whitner and Youboty will be able to practice this weekend at the rookie orientation camp. The NFL/NCAA rule states that one minicamp is allowed within 15 days after the draft for rookies. That minicamp must be over a weekend. Rookies may then return to the NFL club May 16th OR after their final exam.

OHIO STATE'S final exam schedule runs late (June 5-8). Both Youboty (who is still taking classes) and Whitner cannot participate in any OTAs (after the minicamp this weekend) until after the final exam schedule at Ohio State is complete.

So Youboty and Whitner will not be eligible to practice in the OTA scheduled for late May, but they will be able to practice in the mid-June OTA. In essence they'll miss a handful of practices based on the rule.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

He's still unconscious from being picked in the top 10

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

I'm not worried about Whitner. I read an article about him that said that he has the same trainer as London Fletcher. He will be in great shape. On top of that, the article continued to say that Whitner knows how to look at tape and that he does it often. Alot of college players have never done that when they come into the NFL - I think Whitner's transition will be seamless and he will begin contributing sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Finch1031
                        http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

OHIO STATE FINAL EXAMS: Many fans are worried that because Ohio State has quarters instead of semesters that Donte Whitner and Ashton Youboty won't be able to practice with the Bills until training camp. After reading the story by ESPN's Len Pasquarelli on fellow OSU player Santonio Holmes, I could understand why you'd be concerned. I did a little legwork with the fine people in the Bills front office to get the official answer on when Whitner and Youboty can practice.

First, Whitner and Youboty will be able to practice this weekend at the rookie orientation camp. The NFL/NCAA rule states that one minicamp is allowed within 15 days after the draft for rookies. That minicamp must be over a weekend. Rookies may then return to the NFL club May 16th OR after their final exam.

OHIO STATE'S final exam schedule runs late (June 5-8). Both Youboty (who is still taking classes) and Whitner cannot participate in any OTAs (after the minicamp this weekend) until after the final exam schedule at Ohio State is complete.

So Youboty and Whitner will not be eligible to practice in the OTA scheduled for late May, but they will be able to practice in the mid-June OTA. In essence they'll miss a handful of practices based on the rule.
                        Thanks for clearing that up!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

Man, that's gotta be something of a distraction.

"I've just been selected as the #8 overall pick in the NFL draft and will soon be signing a multi-million dollar contract! OK, now focus, I have finals to study for . . ."

There's an excellent test for their integrity and character. I want to see if they do well on those exams.
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                          X