They called out Chris Mortenson for draft comments against the Bills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

They called out Chris Mortenson for draft comments against the Bills!

Here are Chris Mortenson comments on the Bills draft:

Mark Ellis (Oakland): Mort, explain why you keep saying the Bills had a horrible draft, when they got two guys they wanted in the first round who were gonna be picked by other clubs (Whitner by Baltimore, McCargo by the Giants).

Chris Mortensen: (11:51 AM ET ) First of all, Whitner was not going to be picked by Baltimore. Absolutely not. I never said they had a horrible draft. I said they had a "head scratching" draft. They did over-reach with their first round picks but I said they might end up being good football players. I know there was confusion in the Bills' draft room, too. I did think they did well with their picks on the third, fourth and fifth rounds.

Nick Swisher (East Bay): Mort, explain your statement that the Ravens were "absolutely not" gonna take Whitner at 13, when Billick admitted on Monday that they were? Also, the Dolphins wanted him at 16.

Chris Mortensen: (12:12 PM ET ) The Ravens might have taken Whitner if Ngata was not there. He was one of their considerations if Ngata was gone. Ngata was there and that's who they took.

Mat (Scottsdale, AZ): Can you expound on the "there was confusion in the Bills draft room"...

Chris Mortensen: (12:16 PM ET ) They were set to take Bunkley and switched. They also could have traded back and still ended up with Whitner.

Dan: So the Ravens had strong interest in taking Whitner at 13 acording to Billick? Why dont you admit your error regarding the Bills taking him at 8...I think NFL fans might have more respect for you and think even your buddy Tom Donahoe might have more respect for you!

Chris Mortensen: (12:20 PM ET ) Strong interest does not mean they were taking him, especially with Ngata there. The Ravens never deviate from their board. Ngata was ahead of Whitner. What I told you is the truth. You can accept it or not.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: They called out Chris Mortenson for draft comments against the Bills!

That's hillarious!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I think NFL fans might have more respect for you and think even your buddy Tom Donahoe might have more respect for you!
      I bet they edited the "butt-buddy" part out of the question.

Comment

• doug45
        • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=Skooby]Here are Chris Mortenson comments on the Bills draft:

Mark Ellis (Oakland): Mort, explain why you keep saying the Bills had a horrible draft, when they got two guys they wanted in the first round who were gonna be picked by other clubs (Whitner by Baltimore, McCargo by the Giants).

QUOTE]

I think he said it because like most people he thought they were the wrong TWO guys to want.
        Last edited by doug45; 05-03-2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Oh man, that's great! I can't believe that he actually answered those. He must have been getting pissed too.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

they tore his ass up.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Mr.Murder(One Raider Nation): The Lions would have taken Whitner. Matt Millen let it be known he wanted Huff and WHitner was considered a round one pick. The Bills had no room to trade back, it was the same situation Houston faced with the Saints wanting Williams unless Bush fell to them. They were going to pick from where they were and take what was there, Houston's hand was forced.

Chris Mortensen: The Lions wanted Huff or Sims and would have traded back to take Whitner. Traded back, ok?
              A little testy there Chris?? LMAO...

BTW, are his chats always 'Insider' stories?? I thought they were free - seems strange that he gets ripped apart and now the story is for subscribers only?

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

[quote=doug45]
                Originally posted by Skooby
                Here are Chris Mortenson comments on the Bills draft:

QUOTE]

I think he said because like most people they were the wrong TWO guys to want.

BERNIAC!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

at Dan's Comment.

Mort.
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

Man they did light him up. What tool. So much for the bills being a laughingstock to the leagues other fans.
                    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                      at Dan's Comment.

Mort.
                      It was classic!

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

How do like the hot seat, Mort.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Our best drafts are usually the ones that the "pundits" don't like. They really love the sexy, glamor picks, and not the kind of hard working, tough football players that we took.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Romes
                            • Jul 2002

I give him credit for taking those questions...
                            Originally posted by paladin warrior
                            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                              • Mar 2004

Mort, Clayton, and the other ESPN tools only look at Kiper's rankings and then evaluate the draft by value. It matters very little if a severe need is filled or if another team was going to take the guy. If you don't get a guy RIGHT AT what he is ranked, it was a bad pick. They could care less that the Bills might have solidified a top 5 defense for the next 3-4 years.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

Working...
                              X