X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

I find it interesting.....

That thoughts on our draft have somewhat shifted in the media. At first they were all dogging our picks, but now you see a few here and there saying that our picks weren't so bad and filled our specific needs. Maybe Marv knows what is going on after all .
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: I find it interesting.....

I will admit I was freakin out about our picks, and im still not entirely happy with how we went about getting them, but I am starting to come around. I just really wish we got a good Olineman in the top couple of rounds.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

the only thing that concerned me about what we did was Leinhart was there when we picked and we got nothing for that occurence. I must admit, there were a few moments I wished we had TD handling that situation.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
        • May 2003

I never doubted Marv. Ever. And like I said before, I didn't care when they were dogging on our picks and conversely I could care less about their opinions now.

Comment

• wbat27
          • Apr 2003

Damn right **** those idiots

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

The people that were dogging us were too dependent on big name players and what Kiper and the other draftniks were saying. After some research on their own, maybe they saw a little more than names
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
              • Aug 2005

I called NFL radio today (Eric in New York) and asked them what they thought about our picks be cause I think our defensive backfield is going to be great in two years. Solomon Willcots when on to say that we already have stars at the positions we took minus SS. Apparently Solomon didn't watch any Bills games last year to see everyone and their mother breaking troy vincent tackles and Nate Clements getting burned left and right. Just goes to show they don't always know what they are talking about, and sometimes they just go by the name on the jersey.
              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Regarding Nate Clements...he was playing off the LOS pretty much constantly...which hurt his play.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  the only thing that concerned me about what we did was Leinhart was there when we picked and we got nothing for that occurence. I must admit, there were a few moments I wished we had TD handling that situation.
                  That is exactly my view.

I had no interest in any QB, but as I watched it develop, I thought we could leverage the two available into a knockout day 1.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i do think we DEFINATELY could have traded down with denver.. and wish we did.. we would have come out alot better.. but i dont have a problem with who we drafted.. just trading down would have landed us a guy like eric winston and/or spencer.. which would make me feel 10 times better about our oline.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                      • Aug 2005

I know Clements is a good player, and I truly think he had a bad year and thats it. I was just trying to point out that Willcots just plain wasn't right especially because who knows how long Clements is going to be here.
                      SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• CAbills
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        The people that were dogging us were too dependent on big name players and what Kiper and the other draftniks were saying. After some research on their own, maybe they saw a little more than names
                        Quoted for Truth.
                        Lets Go Buffalo!
                        Boiler Up!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

I'm still skeptical of the thinking ... we targeted certain players no matter what. That's drafting with tunnel vision and awfully risky. They wouldn't trade down because of fears that may or may not have been founded.
                          That's NOT to say they picked the wrong players ... but they have really high standards to meet to justify their selections. For a top-10 pick, anything less than a Pro Bowler is a disappointment. And we sacrificed a pick for McCargo, so he has a lot invested in him too. They'd BETTER be the right players, because if they're not, it's a blown opportunity equal to or even greater than Mike Williams.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

My only problem with Marv to this point in both the draft and FA is he seems to have only a PLAN A... Honestly, I think they expected Huff on the board and when gone they took the second best safety. Maybe Whitner will be a Pro Bowler.. At #8, he better damn well be one day. (I think he will too, he's a good playmaker)

Just like with Idonijie, when that fell through (it showed OBVIOUSLY he knew the line needs to get better) his plan B comeback days later was resigning Ryan Denney?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              Im not so sure people are giving crap for the players we took, its how we took them. At least thats what the core of my whining has been about. I think we got good players, just maybe could have gone about it differently. Then again its always easy to look at a situation in retrospect.

Comment

Working...
                              X