X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Draft criticism

With all this draft criticism (Im definately one who has been critical), Im surprised nobody in the media has questioned the Bears moves. They had a shot at the top receivers in the draft, and decided to trade out with us. They then still had a shot with our second rounder at good receivers as well as TE's (Pope) yet they went entirely on D for almost the whole draft until the late rounds when they grabbed a fullback and a guard I believe. Did anyone let them know that they had one of the best defense in years last year? They also had a horrible offense yet focused their whole draft on D, like us. I dont know anything about their needs or whos contracts may be coming to an end, but it seems like a horrible draft to me for the bears yet nobody in the media or anywhere that ive noticed has said a peep. Just a thought...
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Draft criticism

Actually their moves were questioned on NFL Network. Adding more to a D that was already tight even though they had question marks at O.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

ahhh, didnt notice. My roommate is a bears fan and it was a spaz fest here this weekend.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

I also gave them a bad review on my Draft Day Grades article that I wrote...but we haven't gotten to the NFC yet. It will be released in the next couple of days...

Chicago was in my top 5 worse teams just under Tennessee for their drafting...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
          I also gave them a bad review on my Draft Day Grades article that I wrote...but we haven't gotten to the NFC yet. It will be released in the next couple of days...

Chicago was in my top 5 worse teams just under Tennessee for their drafting...
          Tennessee? Really? why?

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I'm SHOCKED the Bears didnt take Maurice STouval in round two.

I think some teams are going to pay BIG TIME for passing on him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I'm SHOCKED the Bears didnt take Maurice STouval in round two.

I think some teams are going to pay BIG TIME for passing on him.
              They also had a shot at Moss, Jackson, and Pope!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                Tennessee? Really? why?
                B'cse they got really few players that could help convince McNair to stay and could help them this year. As a result, the Titans will probably be at the bottom of the rankings and drafting high again next year. Young will not be a viable player for them for 2-3 years. Lendale White may be a good back, but they had Travis...and then on top of that, they draft Quintan Ganther - another good prospect - which likely means Travis will be gone once his contract is up. No help anywhere else and no improvement this year over last...the Titans may actually end up picking 1st next year!!!

Comment

Working...
                X