PDA

View Full Version : Q and A with Dwight Adams

G. Host
05-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Former Bills vice president of player personnel answers draft questions
http://www.twobillsdrive.com/articles/read.php?article=1146402992

Dwight Adams makes a lot more sense than draft "experts". I hope Marv brings him back next year even as a consultant.

justasportsfan
05-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I hope Marv brings him back next year even as a consultant.

he was very loyal to Butler. I doubt good ole Ralphy will want anything to do with him.

patmoran2006
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I find this comment particularly interesting.

Dwight Adams: When you start a NFL team, start with a QB(we had one in Kelly), then build and keep your offensive line in contact. Then the first assistant coach you hire is an offensive line coach. These are the necessary parts to be successful. Climate makes no difference to me. We had good linemen in the "Days" – big, mobile, and intelligent. Our center was Kent Hull, the "Belle Cow" of the Bills. Then add John Davis, Glenn Parker, Jim Richter, and "The House" Ballard and we could protect and run and do it all very well.

You start with the center, then the left tackle, then the left guard, then the right tackle, and finally the right guard. Then throw a TE that can catch first. You can teach him to hold and get in the way of people in his blocking assignments at any time. But, if the TE can't catch and is a good blocker, it's a lost cause... Remember Keith McKellar only had one year of college football at Jacksonville St.

One of the greatest battles on the field I ever watched was when Bills played Jacksonville in Buffalo in the playoffs, and we saw Bruce Smith going against Jacksonville's Tony Boselli. Man on Man, it was the Van Gogh canvas on the field.
-----------------------------------------------------------

With that train of thinking, maybe drafting Leinart at 8 followed by Nick Mangold at 26 would have been a very good start to what he's refering too.

Not dissing the Bills draft at all, I like our players. But you could definitely maknig a case for what Adams said.

ICE74129
05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Former Bills vice president of player personnel answers draft questions
http://www.twobillsdrive.com/articles/read.php?article=1146402992

Dwight Adams makes a lot more sense than draft "experts". I hope Marv brings him back next year even as a consultant.

One of the major reasons we went to crap in a handbasket was the forcing out....errrr....release of Dwight Adams.

I love everything he has to say. QB, Center LEFT FUGGIN TACKLE!!!! You know, the position Marv says its ok to go with an average clown at. I also like the part about a safety can be found later in the draft.

Mr. Pink
05-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Going by what Dwight Adams said, then wouldn't have the pick been at 8-Matt Leinart? Considering the best LT, Brick, was off the board?

TigerJ
05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Dwight talks like a redneck/"good ol boy" but he knows his stuff.

eyedog
05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
"You can't get enough linemen or CORNERS "

For some reason alot of people our trying to get rid of our best one.

Mr. Miyagi
05-04-2006, 09:49 AM
There's some good talent evaluators in the NFL, there's some bad ones too. I've been exposed to a couple of "geniuses". They were the worst. Probably should be coaching a 7th grade team. I'm not being negative, just factual. People don't change, they just get older.
Who is he talking about here? Bellichick? Donahoe?