PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn in 2007?

naugem
05-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

SI has us picking Brady Quinn with the second pick in the 2007 draft...

LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.nflmockdraft/content.9.html)

Ebenezer
05-03-2006, 06:11 PM
It would not surprise me.

The_Philster
05-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I don't expect to have a record that would garner us that spot nor do I see us in need of a QB

Pinkerton Security
05-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't expect to have a record that would garner us that spot nor do I see us in need of a QB

I hope and pray...:pray:

Seriously tho, I also do not see us being that bad....I may be optimistic just cuz I like JP, but I really dont see us being any worse than last year. I see our D improving by leaps and bounds, perhaps returning to what we're used to. If that happens, I only see improvement in our record, and our play.

naugem
05-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't see us being worst than last year either, but with most of the teams that were worst than us supposedly improving, who knows?. It seems that most of the bad teams improved, so the competition will probably be thighter.

I guess a lot will depend on the QBs for a lot of bad teams: Buffalo, Oakland, New Orleans, Jets, Texans, Green Bay, Detroit, SF, Miami ...

STAMPY
05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
OP will you desire Quinn if avail after you *****ed all off season about not wanting a QB in draft no matter what. But since he's a ND jackoff will you pull a Mikey and Flip, Flop

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I think it all depends on what JP looks like this year assuming he gets a full year to prove his worth. If he sucks then of course we take Quinn next year if we get the chance. If Jp is awesome I say we take a look at Dwayne Jarrett.

patmoran2006
05-03-2006, 07:02 PM
OP will you desire Quinn if avail after you *****ed all off season about not wanting a QB in draft no matter what. But since he's a ND jackoff will you pull a Mikey and Flip, Flop
I think OP's stance is to give JP a full year to see if he can play and if not, THEN address the QB position in the offseason..

patmoran2006
05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Wouldnt be so sure about that.. I could see us 3-13 very easily.

I like the future of this club now.. BUt the present is still not good enough to win.

Captain gameboy
05-03-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm prolly in the minority, but I see the OL and the McGahee situation as being our needs next year.

I really think JP can do the job.
I never thought McGahee would be here after next year.

dolphan117
05-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Man that would be one sad swan song for number 4 if the pack ends up with the first pick.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah the more I think about MCGahee the less I like his attitude towards football in general. It seems like he doesn't really care about the team as long as he gets his. That said if JP doesnt pan out we should take Quinn.

ICE74129
05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Two things...

1) we won't be bad enough to have a record that low to pick him.

2) Peterson said after our scrimmage on ESPN this last month, he is going to stay in school all 4 years. He wants to enjoy/ Live the college experience. He also sees OU Will be a contender the next two years esp in 08.

Philagape
If we're in position to draft Quinn, then we'll need him, so yes.

If JP is any good, we're going to have a better record than last year. Maybe not by much, but better.

Captain gameboy
Man that would be one sad swan song for number 4 if the pack ends up with the first pick.

ESPN would cease to exist.

Unless......

LA got it's franchise, but only needed two players.

Sir Brett on O......

and

Teddy Bruschi on D.

patmoran2006
05-03-2006, 07:38 PM
I"ll go on the record RIGHT NOW as saying that if the Bills start out at like 1-5 and are out of it early, I will ROOT for them to lose EVERY single game.

another year at ND under Weiss, this kid is going to be a MONSTER.

Naturally, I want the Bills to be competitive, but if they fall apart early I will hope like never before we suck so we get a shot at him.

Mr. Cynical
05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I"ll go on the record RIGHT NOW as saying that if the Bills start out at like 1-5 and are out of it early, I will ROOT for them to lose EVERY single game.

another year at ND under Weiss, this kid is going to be a MONSTER.

Naturally, I want the Bills to be competitive, but if they fall apart early I will hope like never before we suck so we get a shot at him.

Won't matter who is back there if the oline still sucks. Until this organization finally realizes that, we will continue to suck.

Jersey1031
05-03-2006, 08:36 PM
We're are not going to be so bad we get the 2nd pick...I want Dwayne Jarrett - USC - WR, the 6'5'' widereceiver from Jersey...!
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2005-12/20792445.jpghttp://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/04/20/draft.programs/t1_jarrett_all.jpg

PromoTheRobot
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

SI has us picking Brady Quinn with the second pick in the 2007 draft...

LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.nflmockdraft/content.9.html)
Watch Marv screw that up by having the Bills make the playoffs. Can't he do anything right???

PTR

OpIv37
05-03-2006, 08:57 PM

If we are truly the second worst team in the league next year, it will mean that the great JP experiment has failed and we are in need of a QB.

My preference would be to get a proven FA QB because a drafted QB will take time to develop, but those are rare and usually very expensive.

IF JP turns out to be a bust this year AND IF there are no proven QB's available/affordable in FA next year, then I would want the best QB in the 07 draft, which will probably be Quinn.

But even I'm not that pessimistic about this team- I expect a losing season, but something in the 6-7 wins range.

doug45
05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't even want to think abut starting all over again because that means we are going to stink this season again,

TacklingDummy
05-03-2006, 11:31 PM
JP sucks. It will be a long year if JP starts the whole year.

Its Brady Quinn time. Yeah baby!!!!

LifetimeBillsFan
05-04-2006, 12:06 AM
If we are truly the second worst team in the league next year, it will mean that the great JP experiment has failed and we are in need of a QB.

My preference would be to get a proven FA QB because a drafted QB will take time to develop, but those are rare and usually very expensive.

IF JP turns out to be a bust this year AND IF there are no proven QB's available/affordable in FA next year, then I would want the best QB in the 07 draft, which will probably be Quinn.

But even I'm not that pessimistic about this team- I expect a losing season, but something in the 6-7 wins range.

That's pretty much how I see it, too.

It's all on JP this year to prove that he can be the QB to take this team forward. At best, I expect to see the kind of play that E.Manning showed last season with the Giants. Manning had eight bad starts two years ago, played much better this past season, but still struggled at times, although a lot less frequently. Still, Manning showed enough improvement that everyone in NY knows that he is capable of taking the team forward. That's what JP has to do this season. If he does, he'll be a year behind Manning, but the Bills will have a QB that they can go forward with and win with. If he doesn't and Nall also doesn't show that ability, things could get ugly and Mr. Quinn or Mr.Brohm just might be heading to Buffalo, despite the fact that Marv doesn't like to draft QBs in the 1st round of a draft to come in to be the saviour of a team. Still, I think that he'd do it, but only if he can't find a veteran QB on the market that he thinks can do the job.

The guy that I am a huge fan of in that group is Jarrett--I just love what I've seen of him in every USC game I've caught him play in.

DraftBoy
05-04-2006, 12:07 AM
I want Calvin Johnson from GT!!

Btw Ice, Vince said the same things prior to this year, if OU is down again like last season I can see him jumping ship.

Marvelous
05-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah the more I think about MCGahee the less I like his attitude towards football in general. It seems like he doesn't really care about the team as long as he gets his. That said if JP doesnt pan out we should take Quinn.

AGREED! We have more class then to allow our popular player at a super important position to be so selfish and make such an @ss of us(the team).. I really want more from the RB position. Every fan should wan't more from RB. The dude underachieves, and fans are catching on.

Marvelous
05-04-2006, 12:55 AM
What RB's are UFA's next year besides WM??

oops DP. :hide:

Billsrock4life
05-04-2006, 07:26 AM
it depends on how JP does this year if he does bad then yes probably but if he dosn't do so bad then i dont think so

Bill Cody
05-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I think JP sucks but I want him to start all 16 games. Either he'll sink or swim but either way we either end up with a QB or in a position to draft one.

Saratoga Slim
05-04-2006, 11:14 AM

totally agree. good post.

ublinkwescore
05-04-2006, 11:49 AM

Screw that, it would serve his @$$ right (actually, I don't think he'd care at all how the team did - see below).

I wish he'd retire.

He's got nothing to prove, and he's washed up - he's just in it for the money now.

He'll act like he cares, but he doesn't, he just wants more money.

AndreReed83
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Did anyone else notice that they have all 4 NFC North teams picking in the top 10. Which is quite impossible, unless a trade is made.

Devin
05-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Screw that, it would serve his @$$ right (actually, I don't think he'd care at all how the team did - see below).

I wish he'd retire.

He's got nothing to prove, and he's washed up - he's just in it for the money now.

He'll act like he cares, but he doesn't, he just wants more money.

Thats one of your more ******ed posts.

Brett Favre is in it for the money.....thats hilarious what is he like a 15 year vet with 1-2 bowl rings?

Good lord.

Crisis
05-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Hopefully Quinn falls to 32...

Billzz
05-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Hopefully Quinn falls to 32...

I like the thinking....

The_Philster
05-07-2006, 08:17 AM
I like the thinking....
better thinking is...he drops to 32 and we let him slip to the 2nd rd because JP tore it up so well in 2006 :up:

mikemac2001
05-07-2006, 11:08 AM
if jp sucks this year and doesnt show anything ya if we can draft quinn we should. i think jp will have a decent year tho