PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Cottrell is the man in San Fran

BLeonard
02-10-2003, 11:45 PM
With articles from the past two days available, it's becoming more and more clear that Ted Cottrell will be named the San Francisco 49ers Head Coach by week's end.

From Sunday:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/5142206.htm

According to team sources, the next 49ers coach will be Rick Neuheisel or Ted Cottrell. Slick Rick vs. Straight-Ahead Ted. ``Mariucci with an edge'' vs. the polar opposite of Mooch.

Then, an ESPN report today:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0210/1506944.html

"I want to respond to the speculation that I am a candidate for the head coaching position with the San Francisco 49ers. I have not been contacted by anyone from the 49ers organization about the position," Neuheisel said in the statement. "I want to reiterate what I have said in the past. I am the football coach at the University of Washington and I am very happy with my position and I am not interested in coaching anywhere else."

Based on that, it's pretty clear that the 49ers are going to go with Cottrell.

Of, course, that means that the Bills will likely be announcing Dick LeBeau to their staff relatively soon :)

-Bill

Dozerdog
02-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Great to hear, BL!!!!

Get LeBeau's parking spot shoveled out!

chubluv
02-10-2003, 11:51 PM
I hope its Ted he desirves it. He's a great man and a coach. Hope he can find himself a offensive guru to help him... I hear joe Pendry is still looking for work j/k... but in keeping it real i wish him all the best when and /or if he gets the job

WG
02-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Cotrell's earned it!

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-10-2003, 11:55 PM
They dump Mooch for Ted? Nothing against Ted, but I wouldn't get rid of Mooch for a 1st time coach.

Dozerdog
02-10-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by chubluv
I hope its Ted he desirves it. He's a great man and a coach. Hope he can find himself a offensive guru to help him... I hear joe Pendry is still looking for work j/k... but in keeping it real i wish him all the best when and /or if he gets the job
The 49'ers have the staff in place already.

There won't be a need to search for an OC- if there is a need- it won't be Cottrell's choice- Probably Walsh and Donahue's

shelby
02-11-2003, 04:29 AM
TEDDY!!!:up:

:party:

Earthquake Enyart
02-11-2003, 06:30 AM
I still say Jim Mora Jr. gets the gig.

JJamezz
02-11-2003, 10:42 AM
I agree w/ EE for some reason - I don't know why, I just don't think Ted gets the job..

Although we're all rootin for you TC - #1, you deserve it and #2, your big butt would be out of the AFC East...