PDA

View Full Version : 6 Days til' Sunday -John Lynch

justasportsfan
05-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Anyone watch it?

They showed him preparing for the bills. Watching film on Holcomb's body movement during a hard snap count that got the fins to commit 7 offside penalties. No matter how they prepared for it, KH still drew the Broncos offsides 3 times. I hope Jp can learn that.

I got pumped when he was watching film on the bucs' D. He stated their D was always were the ball was. I hope our coaches know their stuff and know how to get the players to perform.

They also showed the part where he was watching the bills vs. panthers and how the panthers sniffed out a Willis McGahee run and were able to tackle him in the backfield for a loss. Goes to show how stupid our offensive playcaller was. KH should've read the D and changed the play on that one.

If Fairchild is better than Moolarkey, I'm looking forward to this season. We've got the wr's. Our OL is upgraded. Hopefully our rookies can make an impact on our D immediately. I just hope, JP is ready.

justasportsfan
05-04-2006, 09:11 AM
On a side note. Marv was on WGR yesterday. he said that when he hired Jauron, he had someone in mind that he wanted to recommend to be our DL coach. Jauron said he already had his guy. Turns out they both wanted the same guy. Bill Kollar. :up: It's nice to know that both your HC and GM are n the same page.

I was a huge Krumrie backer. I thought he was a great trainer. Intense trainer but always doubted if he knew his X's and O's.

G. Host
05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
No I did not watch it. I rarely watch sports show out of season.

The previous DE coach John Levra really knew his stuff although in size he looked more like an old waterboy. Bruce Smith, who at that point in his career thought he knew everything, made a comment once that he thought he knew the DE position until the coach Levra taught him and enabled him to be even better. I know when he went to Redsucks he was recommended that Levra be brought in.

I think intensity is fine but knowledge is more important for a DL coach.

Ickybaluky
05-04-2006, 09:34 AM
KH should've read the D and changed the play on that one.

FYI... Fairchild comes from the Rams offensive system, which he learned as a disciple of Mike Martz (he was coached by Martz in junior college). If he is installing the same system in Buffalo, then there is limited ability to audible. You just run the play as called, no matter the defensive alignment. Martz allows no audibling.