PDA

View Full Version : CFN's Top Undrafted

Hammertime
05-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I am a long time lurker (registered), i usually resist joining in the witty banter but i thought i would share this from collegefootballnews.com's top undrafted list...

"WR Martin Nance, Miami U. – Ben Roethlisberger’s favorite target in 2003 somehow slipped out of the draft despite possessing great size and a resume that includes 208 receptions and 26 touchdowns. He’ll try to prove 31 teams wrong when the Buffalo Bills’ mini-camp begins later this month."

bigbub2352
05-04-2006, 10:15 AM
i think he was an outstanding pick up i drafted him when i imported draft class on madden before the 06 draft took place he was like the second receiver on the board ha ha, anyway i have seen him play and a buddy of mine went to miami of ohio when big ben was there he called me to tell me how good he thinks Nance is and that he could be the steal ofthe entire draft we will see

Jan Reimers
05-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Nance could be a real stud as a big, strong, sure-handed possession receiver. He might be the kind of red zone guy that we haven't had for a while.

Bill Cody
05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I hope the kid gets a chance to play.

THATHURMANATOR
05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
We have a so many WR's that it will be tough for him to even make the team.

Saratoga Slim
05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Nance could be a real stud as a big, strong, sure-handed possession receiver. He might be the kind of red zone guy that we haven't had for a while.

like Joe Jurevicius for Seattle last year. that'd be a nice addition to our fleet of small speedsters. Hope he pans out in camp.

hydro
05-04-2006, 11:14 AM
But who is going to get Bumped out of our top 5 if he comes along. We have EVANS, DAVIS, PARRISH, REED, PRICE.

Mahdi
05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
But who is going to get Bumped out of our top 5 if he comes along. We have EVANS, DAVIS, PARRISH, REED, PRICE.
I think they will have to go with 6. Nance will make this team for his redzone abilities alone.

THATHURMANATOR
05-04-2006, 11:23 AM
What about Aiken and his good special teams play and new contract he just signed?

Tinboy
05-04-2006, 11:24 AM

I would let go of Parrish, who have yet to impress me.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-04-2006, 11:27 AM
I think Price could be let go, and possibly Parrish. I really think Parrish is just too small for this league. I know Steve Smith is small, but Parrish is SMALL!!!! We need a guy with Nance's size so if he shows he's got what it takes we NEED to keep him around.

BillsNick
05-04-2006, 11:44 AM

:negrep:
He's been here one year bro, and he was injured for most of it. I think that we should probably give him a little more tim.

mysticsoto
05-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Nance is going to easily become our next possession receiver. He's tall and strong and doesn't mind going across the middle for a catch. Reed's days are numbered...Nance has everything going for him including being a red zone threat that Reed just cannot compete with!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Don't be surprised to see the Bills keep 6wrs.

Right now the only locks are Evans, Reed, Aiken and Price because of the costs associated with cutting them.

My picks for the remaining two are Nance and Parrish.

I think Davis will be gone (we didn't plan on having Nance in the fold), as will Smith and the other camp kids.

ublinkwescore
05-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Martin Nance - Rookie of the Year BABY!!!

Hammertime
05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
If they all shine in camp...well, as they say, that's not a bad problem to have. Then again, Reed and Aiken have shined in camp.

Will we know they are good if they can chase down JP's wild throws or Holcombes underthrows?

I think Evans is the only lock heading into camp...

McGahee420
05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Don't be surprised to see the Bills keep 6wrs.

Right now the only locks are Evans, Reed, Aiken and Price because of the costs associated with cutting them.

My picks for the remaining two are Nance and Parrish.

I think Davis will be gone (we didn't plan on having Nance in the fold), as will Smith and the other camp kids.

My thoughts exactly. I think Davis is gone, if Nance produces. Davis has been average his whole career and has yet to do anything special. With the Price signing, I think it just adds to the case, because Price is fast and so is davis, but Price has had the better career(IMO).

Philagape
05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Evans is the only lock. I wouldn't shed a tear if Reed, Price or Davis didn't make the team.

bigbub2352
05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
I think aiken or reed will be gone, parrish could be extra wr because of his special teams ability

Night Train
05-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Watch the other WR's put lifts in their shoes, once they see he's 6 inches taller than all of them. :D

HAMMER
05-04-2006, 01:07 PM

People said the same thing about Moulds and Price after their first years, no patience.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Some notables that were undrafted:

Paul Pinager
Dontrell Moore
Jovon Bouknight
Greg Lee (underclassmen that unwisely declared)
Stephon Wheeler
Anwar Phillips
Scott Ware

Tinboy
05-11-2006, 04:13 AM
He's been here one year bro, and he was injured for most of it. I think that we should probably give him a little more tim.

IF we are cut cut anybody in favor of Nance my chocie would be Parrish or Aiken. It's got nothing to do with patience. And from what I've seen at training camp and games Parrish is to small to be a good NFL player. But that's just my opinion.

Sportsuser101
05-11-2006, 05:35 AM

Ah the immaturity continues. You don't like what someone says and you neg him? Talk about needing a life. Then again if that makes you feel better and gives you a good night sleep fire away.

jamze132
05-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Don't count on Davis making the final cut. He will probably get hurt by Vincent anyways.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I say Davis goes.

Tinboy
05-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Ah the immaturity continues. You don't like what someone says and you neg him? Talk about needing a life. Then again if that makes you feel better and gives you a good night sleep fire away.

Thank you!

ShadowHawk7
05-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Nance, Reed, Evans, Davis, Price, Parrish will make it.
Wilson and maybe Smith on PS, while we cut Aiken.