PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign Turner

Gunzlingr
02-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Bills sign cornerback Turner
Feb 4, 6:19 PM (ET) Email this Story

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - Cornerback Scott Turner, who spent four seasons with the San Diego Chargers, signed with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.
Turner, who was out of football last season, appeared in 51 games with the Chargers, mostly as a special-teams player, before he was released last August. Previously, he appeared in 41 games over three seasons with Washington.

Buffalo also signed Kenneth Harris, a defensive back out of Northern Iowa who attended St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute in Buffalo, and defensive end Andrew Bowers. He played for the Arizona Cardinals in 2001.

I read this on Iwon.com and thought I would share it with you. Anybody know if these guys are any good?

kgun12
02-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Thanks Gunny!

TigerJ
02-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Bowers is big and has some speed. He was an undrafted free agent out of the U of Utah (yes he's Mormon) He is 6'5 and 293lbs. and ran a 4.73 40 coming out of college a couple years ago. The knocks on him coming out of college (and the reason a guy who is that big and that fast went undrafted) are that he has poor technique shedding blocks and tackling. Since he is Mormon, he is also a couple years older than a typical 3rd year NFL guy would be. He went on a two year Mormon mission (to Belgium I think).

Bottom line, unless Tim Krumrie can light a fire under him he'll be another Ryan Denny. "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."

The other guys I know nothing about.