PDA

View Full Version : New Bills introduced

The Spaz
05-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Donte Whitner, John McCargo and Ashton Youboty will be introduced to the media at 5:30. You can watch live at www.buffalobills.com

justasportsfan
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
That's followed by a sitdown inside the 'bod pod.' It's a high tech machine that measures a player's body fat.

Some players don't even know what it is.

"Some of them think it's some kind of spaceship," said Allaire.

Sometimes Allaire will try to pull a fast one on the unassuming rookies.

"As they're getting ready to go in I'll tell them, 'Now you've got to hold your breath for 50 seconds because this thing is going to fill up with water,'" said Allaire with a grin. "It actually doesn't fill up with water. It measures body fat with air displacement not water displacement. But some of the looks I get are priceless."

:snicker:

Michael82
05-04-2006, 04:15 PM
That's followed by a sitdown inside the 'bod pod.' It's a high tech machine that measures a player's body fat.

Some players don't even know what it is.

"Some of them think it's some kind of spaceship," said Allaire.

Sometimes Allaire will try to pull a fast one on the unassuming rookies.

"As they're getting ready to go in I'll tell them, 'Now you've got to hold your breath for 50 seconds because this thing is going to fill up with water,'" said Allaire with a grin. "It actually doesn't fill up with water. It measures body fat with air displacement not water displacement. But some of the looks I get are priceless."

At least we finally got a Strength and Conditioning Coach who knows what he was doing. I bet that Brad Roll just put them on a scale and said... "Oh you need more fat and less muscle." :ill:

JJamezz
05-04-2006, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I was cracking up when I read that... I immediately pictured Allaire saying that to Roscoe "Not much bod to pod" Parrish, and his eyes bugging out of his head...

JJamezz
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Man, Youboty's got a baby face - looks like a 14 year old kid!

The Spaz
05-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Man, Youboty's got a baby face - looks like a 14 year old kid!

That's true but at least he can speak english...lol!:up::beers:

Turf
05-04-2006, 06:23 PM
You know what, Im going to take back some of those things I said about this draft.
I'm impressed personally with all three of these players.
I'm also suprised how big Donte is for a DB. I thought he ws a skinny little thing. He's got a neck and big shoulders. Looks like a load to me. He's going to put the bang on some players for sure.
OK, yeah, so far I like.

SquishDaFish
05-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I cant get the videos to play. Dont know why? Does anyone know anything on this subject.

JJamezz
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Do you have the Real player installed?

JJamezz
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
If not, don't download it from the Real site - use Real Alternative, its much less intrusive than the Real Player.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

JJamezz
05-04-2006, 06:48 PM
That's true but at least he can speak english...lol!:up::beers:

Actually, all 3 of them seem pretty intelligent, I think its great.

Michael82
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Actually, all 3 of them seem pretty intelligent, I think its great.
They sound 10x smarter than Roscoe Parrish, and Kevin Everett did last year.

TigerJ
05-04-2006, 10:00 PM
At least we finally got a Strength and Conditioning Coach who knows what he was doing. I bet that Brad Roll just put them on a scale and said... "Oh you need more fat and less muscle." :ill:

Brad Roll: "Hmm, let's see if we can pinch and inch."

Romes
05-04-2006, 10:25 PM

That's cause they went to a real school not just some college that churns out football players

Michael82
05-04-2006, 10:55 PM
That's cause they went to a real school not just some college that churns out football players
EXACTLY! And it's about time we do that. TD has liked Miami and Texas too much and look how that's gotten us. Now we went to Ohio State and NC State. Good choice. :up:

Michael82
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Brad Roll: "Hmm, let's see if we can pinch and inch."
:rofl:

billsburgh
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
that's the quality education from tha U

Michael82
05-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Just for fun, here's last year's #2 (Roscoe Parrish).... :snicker:

http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fdemand%2Faudio%2F042305parrish%2Erm%26amp%3Bproto%3Drtsp

And Everett....
http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fdemand%2Faudio%2F042305everett%2Erm%26amp%3Bproto%3Drtsp

And then there's Willis....
http://www.buffalobills.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_still.jsp?requested=y&file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fdemand%2F06audio%2F032306mcgahee%2Erm%26amp%3Bproto%3Drtsp

LifetimeBillsFan
05-05-2006, 03:55 AM
Did anyone actually listen to what Whitner said? He said that Baltimore had told him that, if he was still on the board at # 13, he was going to be their pick. He also said that he had talked to St. Louis at # 11 about going there. He said he didn't think that he was much of a reach at # 8 because he would have been gone in the next six picks anyway. Confirms what B.Billick said about Baltimore picking him at the very least.

mysticsoto
05-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Did anyone actually listen to what Whitner said? He said that Baltimore had told him that, if he was still on the board at # 13, he was going to be their pick. He also said that he had talked to St. Louis at # 11 about going there. He said he didn't think that he was much of a reach at # 8 because he would have been gone in the next six picks anyway. Confirms what B.Billick said about Baltimore picking him at the very least.

This will fall on deaf ears for some people who just want to believe that we reached and that want to complain about it b'cse it didn't fit their expectations of what the analysts installed on them with their mock drafts. Perhaps, as time passes, they will come around and give Marv the credit he deserves for having the balls to pick the right person for the scheme and not worry about draft value and other stupidities that would have forced us down a different path without the players we really need for the defense they are installing...

Michael82
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Another good post, man! :bf1:

This also proves to all those naysayers that even with a trade down, they still wouldn't be able to get the player they wanted for their defense and the next best choice as SS sucks. :ill: