X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

SI Quarterback Controversies

The Bills used a first-round pick on Losman in 2004, so they want to see him succeed. But the former Tulane star hasn't gotten the job done, so the 32-year-old Holcomb and Nall, a former Packer, will get a shot. Look for this battle to go deep into training camp, with the possibility of a three-way shuffle lasting into the regular season.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Re: SI Quarterback Controversies

competition is good. it brings out the best in everything. competition is good for business. It will bring out the best or worst in JP. Im all for it. If he can't beat out kelly or nall. it speaks volumes

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't understand why so many people jump on JP's throat for "not getting the job done." He spent the first year on the bench, and 8 games in the second year. How much time has he had to "get the job done"? No one ever jumped on Eli Manning when he went 1-10 in his first 11 games.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        I don't understand why so many people jump on JP's throat for "not getting the job done." He spent the first year on the bench, and 8 games in the second year. How much time has he had to "get the job done"? No one ever jumped on Eli Manning when he went 1-10 in his first 11 games.
        because no one pays attention to Buffalo. All these people know is that JP was the starter at the beginning of the season, he only won like 2 games, and the Bills finished 5-11. The fact that the coaches mismanaged the situation and the rest of the team sucked is completely lost on people who didn't actually pay attention.

Of course, for some reason it never occurred to them to not comment on something they don't know jack **** about.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

While I agree we haven't given JP a complete opportunity to succeed, 8 games is a healthy dose of playing time. The issue was that JP regressed in the three games following the opener. Overthrowing horribly. Making horrible reads. Not looking like a NFL QB. He didn't show signs of improvement from week to week. In the second half of the year, we couldn't make a judgement because it was musical QBs.

That said, my main beef with the QB competition this year is that the competition is not quality.

One more thing. If you think Giants fans weren't calling for Eli to be pulled after 3 or 4 games, you are flat out wrong. The difference is NY had a strong willed, smart, tenured head coach who didn't yield to the fans and media.
          If JP had been given 16 games under center, the franchise would be in much better shape right now. I don't care if Mularkey was being pressured by TD or Ralph or whoever....he should have had the stones and smarts to stick with JP no matter what. He set back JP's development more than just 8 games. Let's just hope the damage is not irreversible.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• STAMPY
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

theres a difference between playing bad, taking your bumps

and throwing for less than 120 yards. That is disgusting.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              He set back JP's development more than just 8 games. Let's just hope the damage is not irreversible.
              I can see Marv uttering all his famous quotes like "where would you rather be..." to try and give JP new motivation and JP going "WTF , wish I was w/ Farve"
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If we hadn't drafted JP that year, we could've been:

1. Still stuck with Drew (no future)
                2. Drafted Matt Schaub that year
                3. Drafted Aaron Rodgers last year
                4. Starting Craig Nall.

I'm still willing to give JP a chance.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Look for this battle to go deep into training camp, with the possibility of a three-way shuffle lasting into the regular season.
                  I really REALLY hate the sound of this. It sounds like another Mularkey type blunder.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It isn't going to happen. Jauron will decide on one guy and stick to him throughout the season.

Just look at Cade McNown.

Comment

• Hamilton Billsfan

If we hadn't drafted JP that year, we could've been:

1. Still stuck with Drew (no future)
                      2. Drafted Matt Schaub that year
                      3. Drafted Aaron Rodgers last year
                      4. Starting Craig Nall.

I'm still willing to give JP a chance.

Well Said!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        While I agree we haven't given JP a complete opportunity to succeed, 8 games is a healthy dose of playing time. The issue was that JP regressed in the three games following the opener. Overthrowing horribly. Making horrible reads. Not looking like a NFL QB. He didn't show signs of improvement from week to week. In the second half of the year, we couldn't make a judgement because it was musical QBs.

That said, my main beef with the QB competition this year is that the competition is not quality.

One more thing. If you think Giants fans weren't calling for Eli to be pulled after 3 or 4 games, you are flat out wrong. The difference is NY had a strong willed, smart, tenured head coach who didn't yield to the fans and media.
                        If JP had been given 16 games under center, the franchise would be in much better shape right now. I don't care if Mularkey was being pressured by TD or Ralph or whoever....he should have had the stones and smarts to stick with JP no matter what. He set back JP's development more than just 8 games. Let's just hope the damage is not irreversible.
                        No way Jose!!!!. He faced nothing but good defenses. I like KH, but as a backup plan. I don't know nothing about the packer one, Nall. JP was fine, we were the *****es.
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          It isn't going to happen. Jauron will decide on one guy and stick to him throughout the season.

Just look at Cade McNown.
                          I hope he does, but I don't think it's his MO.

Remember the Bears? Since when did they stick with a QB? Cade McNown....Jim Miller....Shane Matthews

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

I just hope that Kelly Holcomb really pisses the coaches off and gets cut during Training Camp.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I hope he does, but I don't think it's his MO.

Remember the Bears? Since when did they stick with a QB? Cade McNown....Jim Miller....Shane Matthews
                              Injuries had a lot to do with that if I remember correctly.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X