• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Maislin / Bassen say no thanks to Golisano

According to Empire, Maislin met with Golisano and said no thanks to teaming up.

You mark my words, at the end of the day, the best deal on the table was Hamisters. Golisano will low ball, or not even bid at all.

Right now, my money would be on the team folding.
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

My money is on Adelphia wooing Hammister back in, with the local and state officials finally getting off their rear ends to help. That 35 million dollar or so sink hole isn't going to look good for anyone.

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

It was the other way around from what I heard-

Golisano said no thanks to them at this time. He's prepared to go it alone.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

WNSA reported yesterday that Galisano will bid in 7-10 days...let's hope somebody does...I have a bad feeling that if there is nobody in place at season's end that the team will go into the nuclear winter with no owner and be likely to fold.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Can anyone say 'contraction'? The league needs to get down to around 24 teams.

Let's start with the Leafs.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Buffarama
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge
            It was the other way around from what I heard-

Golisano said no thanks to them at this time. He's prepared to go it alone.
            That's how I understand it too. Maislen and Bassen WISH Tommy would let them come aboard.

Comment

• Buffarama
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffarama
              My money is on Adelphia wooing Hammister back in, with the local and state officials finally getting off their rear ends to help. That 35 million dollar or so sink hole isn't going to look good for anyone.
              Bump

Link to D&C article:

This is almost like shooting fish in a barrell.

Comment

Working...
              X