X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PUCKER
    • Sep 2004

NHL Awards

Ruff is up for Coach Of The Year! I think he should get it.

Center Joe Thornton of the Sharks edged out right wing Jaromir Jagr of the Rangers for the Art Ross Trophy as the NHL scoring champion. As expected, both are finalists for the Hart Trophy.
    Zapper's Hit List:
    SABURZFAN -
    SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
    Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
    http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

• PUCKER
    • Sep 2004

Re: NHL Awards

So nobody thinks he should win it???
    Zapper's Hit List:
    SABURZFAN -
    SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
    Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!

Comment

• pyrrhonist
      • Sep 2003

He should get heavy consideration, but I doubt he'll win it.

Don't worry too much about no one posting in these types of threads, man....I had my preseason predictions up long ago, and I was the only one posting in it.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
        • May 2003

He has to win it, outside of a few very faithful fans, I'm not sure that anyone really gave us a chance to make the playoffs.
        Send me some wings!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Well, I think the Sabres did much better than expected. I think he should get it, but remember the LAST time a Sabres coach won coach of the year.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
            • Sep 2003

I honestly think someone like Ron Wilson is ahead of Coach Ruff. Look at the adversity the Sharks dealt with up until Joe Thornton arrived. Ruff did a great job, but the Sabres never really struggled all season, until the very last month or so.

That being said, who knows what the criteria is for the Jack Adams.

Comment

• PUCKER
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
              I honestly think someone like Ron Wilson is ahead of Coach Ruff. Look at the adversity the Sharks dealt with up until Joe Thornton arrived. Ruff did a great job, but the Sabres never really struggled all season, until the very last month or so.

That being said, who knows what the criteria is for the Jack Adams.
              True,but Ruff put a team together of in the NHLs eyes - nobody and we were not expected to do so well or make the playoffs.
              Zapper's Hit List:
              SABURZFAN -
              SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
              Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I think he should get it...but then again, I'm a homer
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Billscusey
                  • Nov 2004

NO QUESTION!!! Not only has he coached this team to amazing success, but he made something out of nothing (no offense, I am a Sabres fan too, but let's be honest, everyone counted this team out early in the season!). Before tonight's game, I thought he should win it, after tonight's game, I think he should win it NOW!!

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                    • Sep 2003

Well, after now going back and reading who the candidates are......

Peter Laviolette, Carolina Hurricanes; Tom Renney, New York Rangers; Lindy Ruff, Buffalo Sabres

It's going to be a close call. All 3 of these coaches took teams that most didn't give a chance in Hell to the playoffs. And, since the award is supposedly only based on the regular season, you still have to consider Renney a threat. If it were considering the playoffs, too (Which I honestly feel they do sometimes), then it's just between Laviolette & Coach Ruff. We shall see how it how plays out in June.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
                      Well, after now going back and reading who the candidates are......

Peter Laviolette, Carolina Hurricanes; Tom Renney, New York Rangers; Lindy Ruff, Buffalo Sabres

It's going to be a close call. All 3 of these coaches took teams that most didn't give a chance in Hell to the playoffs. And, since the award is supposedly only based on the regular season, you still have to consider Renney a threat. If it were considering the playoffs, too (Which I honestly feel they do sometimes), then it's just between Laviolette & Coach Ruff. We shall see how it how plays out in June.
                      I believe that Ruff had to work through a LOT more this season. Miller hurt early, Briere and Dumont out for extended times with sports hernia, Hecht missing time. Renney would only be a threat because of being from NY. His team has a superstar on it in Jagr, but it failed down the stretch and lost its division when it had a little adversity. Laviolette would have a better chance IMO than Renney, but his team didn't seem to go through any adversity and also did poorly down the stretch when it could have won home ice throughout.

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                        I believe that Ruff had to work through a LOT more this season. Miller hurt early, Briere and Dumont out for extended times with sports hernia, Hecht missing time. Renney would only be a threat because of being from NY. His team has a superstar on it in Jagr, but it failed down the stretch and lost its division when it had a little adversity. Laviolette would have a better chance IMO than Renney, but his team didn't seem to go through any adversity and also did poorly down the stretch when it could have won home ice throughout.
                        Exactly. Sabres have no stars. Just a solid T-E-A-M.
                        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                        X