PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Turley?

painpiljunkie
05-05-2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-allen05may05,0,1856090.story?page=2&coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Former St. Louis Rams tackle Kyle Turley will try to relaunch his NFL career as a tight end in a three-day minicamp that begins today at team headquarters in Davie, a source said. Turley hasn't played since 2004 because of a back injury.

ryjam282
05-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Jeez, this guy is nuts. I hope the Fins can't convince him to go back to tackle. He would be a good one for them if he gets back into shape.

justasportsfan
05-05-2006, 10:54 AM
haha! The fins can't get enough of mulligans on their rosters.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-05-2006, 11:32 AM
The Dolphins are the new Raiders.....give me your old, your tired, your criminal minds...

TedMock
05-05-2006, 02:00 PM
As a blocking TE, this move could be great for them. When healthy, the guy was the best right tackle in football. Don't be so quick to laugh at them for this one. I wish our line had this guy's heart and ability.

The last buffalo fan
05-05-2006, 02:11 PM
As a blocking TE, this move could be great for them. When healthy, the guy was the best right tackle in football. Don't be so quick to laugh at them for this one. I wish our line had this guy's heart and ability.

Good point, man.

Nublar7
05-05-2006, 02:24 PM
So inviting a guy who had a lot of talent before the injury to mini camp is a bad move? It isn't like they signed him, just giving him a tryout. If he does good maybe he will be added to the team, but if he isn't, the Dolphins just move on. Sometimes in this league you have to take chances on guys to win the big one.

I just don't understand how you guys actually think inviting a player just for a tryout is a bad move? I guess that is why Buffalo is one of the worst team in the league and is on the brink of moving to Los Angeles. Enjoy your final three years with a NFL team in Buffalo. Cause it isn't going to last.

justasportsfan
05-05-2006, 02:31 PM
why don't you ask your fellow finfans who are complaining about bringing in Vick for a 'TRYOUT"

Jan Reimers
05-05-2006, 03:26 PM
So inviting a guy who had a lot of talent before the injury to mini camp is a bad move? It isn't like they signed him, just giving him a tryout. If he does good maybe he will be added to the team, but if he isn't, the Dolphins just move on. Sometimes in this league you have to take chances on guys to win the big one.

I just don't understand how you guys actually think inviting a player just for a tryout is a bad move? I guess that is why Buffalo is one of the worst team in the league and is on the brink of moving to Los Angeles. Enjoy your final three years with a NFL team in Buffalo. Cause it isn't going to last.
Just keep living in 1972 when the Dolphins actually had a good team, and you'll be fine. You simply can't face the reality that the Fins have sucked for at least 25 years now. So dream about Kyle Turley, and maybe Bob Griese and Larry Csonka can put on the pads and help you out, too.

feelthepain
05-05-2006, 09:33 PM

You know a lot of Bill fans here have to trash every player we look at or sign. Christ, we could sign Peyton Manning and they find a reason why they think he was a bad singning. Meanwhile the Bills sign Royal and he's a good signing!!! Whatever.

Nighthawk
05-05-2006, 09:40 PM
You know a lot of Bill fans here have to trash every player we look at or sign. Christ, we could sign Peyton Manning and they find a reason why they think he was a bad singning. Meanwhile the Bills sign Royal and he's a good signing!!! Whatever.

No, it's just that most Phin fans are unknowledgable and it gets old. If Buffalo was to offer Vick or Turley a tryout, they would criticize the Bills. It's part of being a fan. Don't be stupid and think that you guys wouldn't do the same thing.

YardRat
05-05-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't see anything wrong with bringing Turley in for a try-out...what have they got to lose? I'm a little skeptical about the position switch, though.

Hell...We signed up Aaron Gibson.

Nublar7
05-05-2006, 09:49 PM
...and Craig Nall to compete for the starting job. :snicker:

YardRat
05-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Typical fin fan...you bend over to give them help and all they see is an opportunity to try to stick it in your ass.

You really don't want to get into the QB situation for the Dolphins, post-Marino, do you?

Hell...even with Marino you sucked. And he sucked, because he was too damn ignorant to understand you need a running game to win in this league.

Nublar7
05-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Typical fin fan...you bend over to give them help and all they see is an opportunity to try to stick it in your ass.Like I care if you were "trying" to help. Your a Bills fan. So no matter what you say, you are still trash.

YardRat
05-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Isn't it past your bedtime?

!Papacrunk!
05-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't see anything wrong with bringing Turley in for a try-out...what have they got to lose? I'm a little skeptical about the position switch, though.

Good post.

Nubes, calm down man we don't all have to be so hostile even against a rival etc. Be the better person brudda.

mysticsoto
05-05-2006, 11:41 PM
...and Craig Nall to compete for the starting job. :snicker:

It's better than trading a 2nd round pick to sign AJ Feeley!

Nublar7
05-06-2006, 12:31 AM
It's better than trading a 2nd round pick to sign AJ Feeley!That was also done by our former coaching staff and front office. Your current coaching staff and front office are the ones that brought in Nall to compete for the starting job.

Also, while our former front office traded a 2nd round pick for Feeley, our current front office traded a 2nd round pick for Culpepper(one of the top 5 QBs in the game).

dplus47
05-06-2006, 01:49 AM

i think it might be easier to list the things that AREN'T better than trading a 2nd for feeley. i'm not sure there are a lot of signings/trades on that list, but at least there's a discussion. naming gibson your starting tailback would be better than that trade turned out. just sayin'...

mysticsoto
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
That was also done by our former coaching staff and front office. Your current coaching staff and front office are the ones that brought in Nall to compete for the starting job.

Also, while our former front office traded a 2nd round pick for Feeley, our current front office traded a 2nd round pick for Culpepper(one of the top 5 QBs in the game).

Just making a pt. Until we see what Nall brings to the table, you really can't talk. A 2nd rd for AJ Feeley was far worse - regardless of who it was done by. Funny how a fin fan can cry foul and use the excuse of things being in the past when it is a grievous mistake - but will gleefully resort on the past, to claim that they've won the superbowl once...

justasportsfan
05-06-2006, 01:48 PM
You know a lot of Bill fans here have to trash every player we look at or sign. Christ, we could sign Peyton Manning and they find a reason why they think he was a bad singning. Meanwhile the Bills sign Royal and he's a good signing!!! Whatever.every player? Some of us think Culp is a good pick up if he ever becomes 100% from his injury comapred to Gus.

You are also against Vick , so what's wrong if we do the same thing you're doing? Blasting a player who you agree has issues in the head. turley isn't exactly the greatest guy off the field either.

dolphan117
05-06-2006, 02:34 PM
He had a good second day as well it seems.

Dolphins | Turley has impressive day at minicamp
Fri, 5 May 2006 18:12:10 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports free agent TE Kyle Turley (Rams) has trimmed to 260 pounds after being well over 300 for most of his career. He looked downright graceful and had perhaps the most impressive day of anyone at the Miami Dolphins minicamp Friday, May 5. As noted earlier, he is trying out for the team.

justasportsfan
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM

AHA! A blocking TE to help their OL. What was Jauron and Levy thinking when they hired Royal? They're just as stupid as Saban.

/sarccasm off.

G. Host
05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
/sarccasm off.

/spelling off too ;)

:clap:

MOULDSROCKS
05-06-2006, 08:34 PM

or drafting losman in the 1st round???

Bling
05-06-2006, 08:51 PM
AHA! A blocking TE to help their OL. What was Jauron and Levy thinking when they hired Royal? They're just as stupid as Saban.

/sarccasm off.

Royals will make your team, and you have to eat his rather beasty contract for a backup. Turley is unknown whether he makes the team.

feelthepain
05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Just making a pt. Until we see what Nall brings to the table, you really can't talk. A 2nd rd for AJ Feeley was far worse - regardless of who it was done by. Funny how a fin fan can cry foul and use the excuse of things being in the past when it is a grievous mistake - but will gleefully resort on the past, to claim that they've won the superbowl once...

We won the SB twice back to back and went to three in a row, as far as feeley for a 2nd thats not nearly as bad as JP for two 1st's!!....I know, he will be a force, he just needs a fair chance!!! Sure.

PromoTheRobot
05-07-2006, 12:15 PM
If you ever heard urley on Jim Rome, he's a pretty cool intelligent fellow. The part about him losing a bunch of weight (along with his outbursts during his playing days) makes me wonder if he wasn't on 'roids.

PTR

Nighthawk
05-07-2006, 03:22 PM
If you ever heard urley on Jim Rome, he's a pretty cool intelligent fellow. The part about him losing a bunch of weight (along with his outbursts during his playing days) makes me wonder if he wasn't on 'roids.

PTR

Wouldn't surprise me.

Samphin1
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM

Or a first for Bledsoe/Losman. :lol:

mysticsoto
05-07-2006, 07:32 PM
or drafting losman in the 1st round???

Giving that Losman hasn't had a fair chance to prove himself, this point doesn't make sense...

mysticsoto
05-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Or a first for Bledsoe/Losman. :lol:

Uhh..let's see, Bledsoe is still a starter and has been for awhile. Losman has a chance to prove himself and start still...Feeley??? Apparently he could only start on a Dolphin team. On any other team, he's atleast a backup and on others judgements...and most recently judged as a 3rd stringer after your team finally had to dump him...yeah, you're right...that is kinda funny! :lol: