PDA

View Full Version : High Character Players

justasportsfan
05-05-2006, 10:38 AM
i found it interesting when they discussed this on NFLN last night. They were implying that one of the reasons why teams tend to lean towards them is because owners/Gm/coaches are very careful about who they give their money to. If they decide to give the high character players a bulkload of cash, they won't be busting out all over the place once they have it.

While high character guys tend to play better once they get their cash, low character players could start blowing their career by doing stupid things with that cash and not play as well when they recieve their money because they already have it.

Captain gameboy
05-05-2006, 11:01 AM
My theory is that it is a lot easier to be a high character guy in Orchard Park than it is in New Orleans.
Look at this board.
The only low character guys are from Canada.
Ticat is high character, but that's 'cause he likes to fish.

Dont drink the water
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I do not think that is a fair summarization of posters. There are lots of low characters and they are not all from Canada and I think there are plenty of Canadian posters with good character.

Captain gameboy
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Perhaps I should have made the sarcasm more evident.
Oh well.
Lesson learned.

I am learning more and more, because English is my langauge second!

ublinkwescore
05-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Where do I rank on the character scale?

!Papacrunk!
05-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Where do I rank on the character scale? What? You mean you don't have that device that is able to precisely measure the amount of character in a player? You know, it's not like it's something subjective or anything or a current buzz word. What do I know, from what some say, we're in the process of employing Saddam, Zombie Stalin, Zombie Mussolini, and Joey Buttafuoco for better depth. WIN NO MATTER WHAT THE COST, even if it's a zombie dictator.