footballhottie
05-05-2006, 12:48 PM

MVP
05-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Good
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3750

Saratoga Slim
05-05-2006, 01:14 PM
good is right. now lets hope they can work out a REASONABLE long term contract. he'd be a good guy to have around, at a palatable price.

charles woodson's new deal probably has his eyes watering though

MVP
05-05-2006, 01:21 PM
I youboty can learn and fill in for Clements in 07'

Tatonka
05-05-2006, 01:29 PM
anyone who didnt want him here this year obviously doesnt care about winning at all. going into the season with three rookies in the secondary is a recipe for disaster.

bigbub2352
05-05-2006, 01:33 PM
he can groom the youngsters for his departure

Michael82
05-05-2006, 01:37 PM
anyone who didnt want him here this year obviously doesnt care about winning at all. going into the season with three rookies in the secondary is a recipe for disaster.
3? We would only be going into it with 2....

Whitner and Youboty. Simpson won't start this year, it's Vincent's year and he will groom Simpson.

JJamezz
05-05-2006, 01:38 PM
The Bills will continue to work with Clements on trying to secure a long term contract agreement through the spring and summer. However, it's presumed the Bills would like to get a long term deal completed before July 15.

After that date if Buffalo and Clements were to agree to a long term contract, the franchise tag would remain with the cornerback for the length of his deal. That would prevent the Bills from using the franchise tag on any other player while Clements remained with the club.

Wasn't that rule done away with with the new CBA??

Drive 4 Five
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Good news indeed. I thought for sure he was gone. When he didn't sign initially I expected the worse. You have one aseon to prove yourself f**k bag. Now get your ass to work.

Starting at CB for the AFC...#22 Nate Clements.

Tinboy
05-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I hope that he can rebound from last year which was a huge disappointment. But give a big fat contract no way.

JJamezz
05-05-2006, 02:10 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar3780_1.gif

Is that the Gilmore Girls chick?

Sheee's purrrtee.

BAM
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Good news! :clap:

BAM
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6715/logga4br.jpg

:bf1:

I thought I was the only one left after Devin hopped on the BoSox wagon.

ryjam282
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM

Sheee's purrrtee.

That kinda looks like Fiona Apple.???

Drive 4 Five
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM

Sheee's purrrtee.

It does look like her doesn't it? The daughter? Does your wife watch that show too? Don't you just hate it?

I think the mom is just as fine as a MF'er. I can't watch it though. I get a bad headache. Those Gilmore girls talk entirely too damn much for my liking. My God.

AndreReed83
05-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Here's hoping a reasonable long term deal gets done. I personally don't think Youboty will be able to jump in a replace him next season.

G. Host
05-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I think Clements was getting nervous Bills would pull contract offer and all of the big money was dried up this year.

ICE74129
05-05-2006, 02:56 PM
good is right. now lets hope they can work out a REASONABLE long term contract. he'd be a good guy to have around, at a palatable price.

charles woodson's new deal probably has his eyes watering though

Define reasonable. if you look at what guys are getting paid it is near QB money. NO CB IS WORTH IT! Esp in the cover 2 we are running AND with the rules favoring the Offense the way they do.

We will most likely end up franchising again and trading him next offseason.

ICE74129
05-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Wasn't that rule done away with with the new CBA??

Nope. I do believe one of the stupid things the owners agreed to was you can only hit a player 2x with the franchise tag.

So what this means is if there is no long term deal in place by 7/15 you let him play out the year for the 7+ mill. then franchise him again.

Drive 4 Five
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Define reasonable. if you look at what guys are getting paid it is near QB money. NO CB IS WORTH IT! Esp in the cover 2 we are running AND with the rules favoring the Offense the way they do.

We will most likely end up franchising again and trading him next offseason.

:posrep:

Excellent point bro. I'm glad you took the respite from this place after the draft. Now you're making sense again. Just keep away from you know who.

;)

Michael82
05-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Nope. I do believe one of the stupid things the owners agreed to was you can only hit a player 2x with the franchise tag.

So what this means is if there is no long term deal in place by 7/15 you let him play out the year for the 7+ mill. then franchise him again.
Only 2 times? WTF! So, basically after the 2nd time is up, they are an UFA no matter what and the team gets nothing if they lose him? How is that fair? :ill:

TigerJ
05-05-2006, 03:59 PM
That's a relief. It gives the Bills a year to settle things. Either he does a long term deal with the Bills or look for the Bills to do with him next year what TD did with Peerless. In any case, Youboty should be ready to start by next year, so Clements' presence won't be as critical.

JJamezz
05-05-2006, 04:09 PM

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing - I meant the rule where a franchised player signed to a long term deal after July 15 (of the year he's franchised), basically ties up your franchise tag for the length of the deal, or at least until he's no longer on the team. So basically, we sign Nate long term, after July 15, and we have no franchise tag to use on ANYbody for however many years..

I had never even heard of that until the CBA talks, but then I thought I'd heard it was done away with w/ the new CBA.

I could even be mis-reading the original rule - hopefully, I am, because it just sounds totally ridiculous.