PDA

View Full Version : WGR lost two of its game personalities

G. Host
05-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Marv Levy, who was on WGR, became GM.
Jim Kelly, who was on WGR as well, switched to 97 Rock the official station.
Now WGR is left with the detractors and anti-fans.
Jim Kelly, the Bills' Hall of Fame quarterback, has switched radio teams. On Wednesday mornings this fall, he'll appear live on 97 Rock. The deal is exclusive, which means Kelly will no longer be on WGR.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060506/1032306.asp

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-06-2006, 01:06 PM
awww aint that ashame! :laughing: WGR is a wimpy AM station that doesn't come in clear plus they're personalities are morons and so negative while 97 Rock is an FM radio station and they're also the voice of the BILLS!

Michael82
05-06-2006, 01:14 PM
awww aint that ashame! :laughing: WGR is a wimpy AM station that doesn't come in clear plus they're personalities are morons and so negative while 97 Rock is an FM radio station and they're also the voice of the BILLS!
It may not come in clear, but you can get it for free online, no matter where you live. :up:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-06-2006, 01:17 PM
It may not come in clear, but you can get it for free online, no matter where you live. :up:

I don't listen to garbage!!! and that's what WGR is it's garbage!!! :laughing:

mead107
05-06-2006, 06:37 PM
i like to have the radio on monday for the ride home . any bills talk is good talk .

Uncle Jesse
05-06-2006, 06:40 PM
WGR sucks.

The_Philster
05-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately, with the demise of WNSA, it's all we have
I was ticked today...they had ESPN's Inside the Huddle show on and switched over in the middle of an interview to broadcast the Derby :down:

Jan Reimers
05-07-2006, 11:08 AM
I guess Levy's move is disappointing to fans of WGR, but I think it's great for fans of the Buffalo Bills.

YardRat
05-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I agree with those who think GR sucks.

PromoTheRobot
05-07-2006, 12:12 PM
So what...WGR will just go back to bashing the Bills and ripping Ralph Wilson. It's all they know how to do. I swear, I have never heard a hometown sports talk station that is so negative toward it's own teams! I listened after the Sabres 7-6 win over Ottawa, and the hosts were like "...wow I can't belive the Sabres didn't just blow it like Buffalo sports teams usually do." Way to show your civic pride, losers!

PTR

Jauron733
05-07-2006, 02:25 PM
I enjoy WGR and thank it gets a very unfair rap from people that don't even listen to it. They are not very negative at all- unlike how they used to be with Dickerson- and they don't give respect to the absolute morons that call up. That's probably why so many on these Bills boards hate them so much. Ludicrous claims and opinions that have no rationale basis aren't given serious air time.
Marv and Kelly were on for like half an hour, once a week. 97 rock has almost no bills coverage except for pre and post games- and you get the truly awful Jim Brinson there.

mikemac2001
05-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Being in rochester i never hear it but i hear its just negative stuff after negative stuff so good news Kelly and Marv are gone

chernobylwraiths
05-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I listen to GR a lot, but I can't say I agree with them in many ways. They were so blackballed by Donahoe that they still carry a grudge against the Bills. Plus, I think there system of taking an issue and having their guys take apposing sides of the argument is weak. The day after Wilson made his remarks about small market teams getting shafted, Bulldog was 100% behind wilson. The very next day, bulldog pulled a 180 and wanted Ralph to sell the team and he was a senile old man who was making us look bad. If I didn't know any better, I would think he was ICE.

Another thing they did which irritates me is attack some of the people who call in and disagree with them. About a week or two back, they had a "round table" about the hockey playoffs and Paul Hamilton who is an arrogant ass who acts like he knows everything there is to know about hockey said something to the effect of "if the Sabres make the finals, they wouldn't stand a chance against Detroit. They are not in the same league as Detroit". This went unchallenged for a few minutes then they went to a break. When they came back from break, Mike Schop (sp?) took him to task about the comment and Hamilton backed of a little. When Detroit lost to Edmonton and some callers wanted to gloat and rub Paul's nose in it a little, the callers were basically attacked for trying to laugh at Hamilton. It wasn't as if Hamilton said that he thought Detroit would win a series with the Sabres, he said we weren't even in their class. He SHOULD have been laughed at.

I do find them entertaining at times though and find myself laughing on the way home from work at them. They go overboard though sometimes and I just change the channel then. Plus, some of those commercial breaks are like five minutes long.

PromoTheRobot
05-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Mike Schopp is awful. Arrogant and condecending. He hates Buffalo as a city, as much as he hates the sports teams. Basically he is just biding his time until he gets the full-time call up to ESPN radio. He works for them part-time now.

PTR