PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Spikes making strides toward return

The_Philster
05-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Takeo Spikes knows his window of opportunity won’t stay open forever.

That’s why the Buffalo Bills linebacker, rehabbing a ruptured Achilles tendon, admits to being frustrated.

“I just want to win man. That’s the whole thing ... what it boils down to,” Spikes said Friday following the Bills’ first minicamp with their new draft picks and free-agent signees. more
(http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/gnnsports_story_126233734.html?keyword=topstory)

Billscusey
05-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't like all the "I'm getting older" and "everyone has a limit" type comments he keeps making. Makes me think he's warming us up to a sooner-than-expected retirement. : (

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 12:16 PM
He's the key to this defense getting better, and that's that.

jimbohastle51
05-07-2006, 12:59 PM
if we dont go at least 8-8 this year spikes will probably demand a trade. hate to say it because he is my favorite player on that team but you cant blame him, the guy hasnt had but one winning season since he came into the NFL and that was only 9-7. and everyone can say thats bull hes paid to do that job and blah blah blah but come on, his contract is easily one of the first that will try to be restructured next year unless he has top numbers and there is no way he'll do that to play for a team that is this young. he already made comments about not being happy with all the rookies that will start. just hope we get something right this year because all our fans have been patient for alot of years now and its not fair for us to loose fan favorite players because the 4th new coach since marv needs time and patience to win.

ICE74129
05-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't like all the "I'm getting older" and "everyone has a limit" type comments he keeps making. Makes me think he's warming us up to a sooner-than-expected retirement. : (

First off the man is trying to come back from a CAREER ENDING injury. He also knows at this point 85-90% of what he was is the tops he will make it back too. he also knows they won't keep his high contract that TD gave him IF he can't make it back to 100%.

He is also pissed I would think. He left cinci on the promise that TD would build a winner in Buffalo. After his first season they trade away a former all pro QB and the whole thing goes to crap. Cinci on the other hand is going to contend for the playoffs each season now.

Spikes is just telling it how it is.