PDA

View Full Version : Thomas feels right at home with new team

The_Philster
05-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Running back Anthony Thomas is with a new team, but he's surrounded by some familiar faces. The man known as the A-train has reunited with Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron, who was the head man in Chicago during three of Thomas' four years there. Former Bears teammates Chris Villarrial, Mike Gandy and Daimon Shelton are on the Bills' roster as well. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060507/2063885.asp)

Billsrock4life
05-07-2006, 11:35 AM
they should put him at FB after shelton retires

patmoran2006
05-07-2006, 12:27 PM
I like the Thomas signing. I feel better with him running the ball when Willis gets hurt/tired than I do Gates or especially Williams.

I think he's evidence that we're finally going to be doing a lot more running of the football this season to keep us more competitive in games.

MVP
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I feel he will be one of our biggest FA pick-ups, along with Price and Tripplett.

G. Host
05-07-2006, 01:42 PM
The reason Gates supposedly did not get any playing time and Shaud & Burns did was Gates was not useful on special teams and Shaud & Burns were. Will Thomas be able to play on special teams or will he just replace Gates as an inactive player?

socalfan
05-07-2006, 07:37 PM
When I saw the title of the thread, I couldn't figure out who Thomas was. After having watched him at Michigan and everyone there calling him Anthony or A-train, I don't think I'll ever get use to seeing him referred to as Thomas.

Turf
05-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Believe me, if Buffalo cuts Williams and they will eventually, he'll never get another carry in the NFL, what does that tell you. There's a reason Gates didn't play last year, but with the baffoon of a head coach we had I'll give him another chance.
A-train is a solid backup, good pickup.
Marv has made a lot of silent good pickups. Combined with losing "The Tricky Mike Mularkey" and adding solid core players, we're alread 5 wins ahead.