PDA

View Full Version : I am getting sick and tired of this

Bill Brasky
05-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Is anybody else sick of reading articles like this:

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/05/271572.html

Every time the Sabres win, it's because the other team made "too many mistakes" or had "injuries".

How about giving this team some damn credit for creating those mistakes?

The Sabres made enough mistakes to give up 6 goals, but nobody seems to want write about that, or how they were able to capitalize on every "mistake" and have piled up at least 7 goals in 3 playoff games so far... when was the last time a team was able to accomplish this? I'm having a hard time believing that a team that can score like this is getting by on pure luck.

Ottawa is a very good team, perhaps better than the Sabres, but the lack of respect this team has gotten this year from the national media is absurd!

JD
05-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Un****ingreal.

I CANNOT WAIT until we make them eat their words. Even aretha franklin wouldnt give us any r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

SabreEleven
05-07-2006, 10:29 AM
This is a little better

That was the general message from the Senators dressing room Saturday, and while there's some truth to their analysis, it carries a hint of danger if they don't realize the lightning-quick Sabres had something to do with what happened as well. The fastest team in the NHL initiated some of those turnovers.

YardRat
05-07-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't mind the whining...it means we're winning :D

LABillsFan
05-07-2006, 02:42 PM
In a way I don't mind it at all. All the talk is coming from the Senetor's camp. We did this, we didn't do that, we gave them the game, yadda yadda yadda. I have read a lot of articles, NHL, TSN, Fox, CBS, THN, Slam, etc., yet I can't find one that has the Sabres responding to Ottawa's talk or expressing as much concern from the Sabres. Lindy seems to be keeping quiet and I like that.

RockStar36
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I was annoyed on Friday w/ OLN's coverage. I could've sworn those announcers wanted to have Chara's baby.

SkateZilla
05-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I was annoyed on Friday w/ OLN's coverage. I could've sworn those announcers wanted to have Chara's baby.

and i replayed Teppo's Goal over in HD with 16X, Zoom, the Puck didnt hit Chara's Foot, so Emery is at fault ...he sat and blamed Chara in all his interviews....

Teh Puck Missed his boot by a good 2 inches..

SabreEleven
05-07-2006, 06:59 PM

They should wear protection for the next telecast and that won't happen.

pyrrhonist
05-07-2006, 08:03 PM

They had to find someone to latch onto---Floppa's gone, and Sakic wasn't playing until the later game. ;)

Dozerdog
05-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Let 'em whine like fin fans......

GOBILLSGO!!!
05-07-2006, 09:00 PM
They're the same bozos that were slobbing on Forsberg's man junk in the Philly series...

PUCKER
05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Whatever. We know how good our team is and thats all that matters. :up:

SkateZilla
05-07-2006, 10:24 PM
well

its better to win on the other teams mistakes, than to lose on our own,

the article's subliminal theme is.. OTTAWA MADE WAY TOO MANY FING MISTAKES.. lmao.. so its a good article..

Philagape
05-08-2006, 12:20 AM
The only print that matters is the engravings on the Stanley Cup

Meathead
05-08-2006, 05:34 AM
dont understand this thing about respect at all

who gives a damn

its far better to be overlooked in sports than ballyhooed - easier to win that way

then you get all the respect you need

Philagape
05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
The reason the pundits disrespect the Sabres is because the Sabres make them look bad. No one saw them coming. They're humiliated because they didn't know how good Briere, Connolly, Roy, Max, Pominville, Hecht, Dumont, Miller, Numminen, etc., could be. The only "name" on the team was Drury. All they look for is "names," and the Sabres have exposed that kind of analysis as shallow and simple-minded, and they don't like it. It's all about ego.

LABillsFan
05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I really can't blalme them for the rankings at the begining of the season. In fact it didn't do any good getting whomped by Ott the first few games and then going on a skid falling under .500. But they started giving the Sabres some recognition when they started getting on a roll. The fans polls were showing the same as well. Heck, I was just looking for a decent season.