• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayWood
    The Professor
    • Jul 2002

OT: Is Direct TV Worth It??

Iam just looking for some advice. Living here in Patriots country sucks because I know I will only see 2 Bills games all year round (the two against the Pats). So this year I have decided to get Direct TV, and get the NFL Ticket. But my question for any of you guys who have it, is, is it worth it? I dont want to go out and buy it without talking to a few people that have it. Also, if the Ralph doesnt get sold out will the game be blackedout on me? Any one who could help with any advice i would appreciate it.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

It is only blacked out if you live within 75 miles of the Ralph so you'll be fine...

Comment

• JayWood
      The Professor
      • Jul 2002

Cool...thanks for the info, looks like i will be able to see my bills all the time this year!!

Comment

• bduff54
        • Jul 2002

well worth it jay wood. it makes my sunday blissful!

Comment

• Jaded 7
          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
          • Jul 2002

But don't you have to choose which sports teams you are interested in watching? I'd like to have Direct TV but I want to be able to see any of the games at any time. I don't want to have to pick one team.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
          The only answer I found for all this hurt
          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Aero II
            RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
            • Jul 2002

I love mine. Every day I have to check out one showing of Empire Sports Report. Even though the show is a little dry, the first 10 min. are either Bills or Sabres. Living in Florida we get the daily thunder storm that screws with the reception. There is an option to check 'Signal Strength'. Find a strong signal, but when you get your first big storm, start checking it again. I've noticed that even though one of the transponders may be at 100% during a clear day, it may not be the strongest signal to cut through a storm. One of my signal transponders is at a peak of 90% on a clear day, and there is no drop in picture quality at all, but it is also the first to restore my signal during a bad storm. Knowing that I will always see the Bills makes this choice a no brainer.

Comment

• Aero II
              RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
              • Jul 2002

J7, if you purchase Sunday Ticket, you will get every game, not just the ones for your fav team. I was able to check out all my fantasy players during commercial breaks. It's awsome. I actually set up 2 tv's in the same room so I can focus on the Bills on one and flip on the other. "Welcome to mission control".

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

With DirecTV Sunday ticket, you get every game played on Sunday. You don't have to pick a team.

I love the dish. It's even fun to watch some of the other "Sports Reports" from other parts of the country. The Redskins have a funny talk show during the season. NE has Smerlas who is always funny. It's fun to watch Detroit rag on the Lions. This stuff is part of the sports package where you get all the regional Fox Sports Net stuff. Even has Austrailian Rules Football!

Comment

• Jaded 7
                  • Jul 2002

Thanks, Aero and Earthquake. :) I really thought you had to list a few teams you wanted to follow. It's good to know you can watch all of them if you choose.

Earthquake, I can't believe you watch a Redskins talk show. You couldn't pay me money to watch anything that has to do with them. But, out of curiosity, what show is it?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

It's all black guys who talk like Barry White. Every once in a while they will have on a smokin black chick, or a lilly white reporter. The show is usually funny. Redskins Weekly perhaps?

Comment

• Jaded 7
                      • Jul 2002

I don't have a clue. Are they ex-players?

Comment

• Billsbabee

Another yes vote

I Love my DTV and Sunday Ticket. You can watch as many games as you want on any team, but most importantly, every single Bills game all season long! As someone else said, get the sports package of FOX stations and catch Empire daily too. It is a nice addition for those of us so far away from "home" even if it does get corny sometimes. Really makes you feel in touch.

Comment

• FlownTheCoop
                          Red Foreman says: Squish the Damn Fish
                          • Aug 2002

DTV rocks - it allows me to keep up with the Bills and Sabres out here in Broncos-land, plus I can keep up with TC by watching Empire.

It gets pricey when you add on the sports, but I figure I'd be spending $30-40 per week at a bar watching the Bills, so I still come out ahead...
                          Comic Book Guy Last night's game was, without a doubt, the worst ever. Rest assured, I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Comment

• JayWood
                            The Professor
                            • Jul 2002

Hey at this point i could care about the cost, as long as i can watch my bills play...well that is what i call, priceless

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                              • Jul 2002

it gets blacked out in syracuse...which is so dumb.
                              Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
                              X