• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Rookie allocations

The Packers, who had a league-high 12 draft selections, topped the rookie allocation pool with $6.6 million.

The rookie pool is essentially a cap within a cap. It represents the maximum that a team can spend, in terms of salary cap room, to sign its draft choices and undrafted college free agents.
    -
    The large allocations awarded the Jets, San Francisco ($5.646 million) and Buffalo ($5.366 million) were indicative of the fact those were the three franchises with multiple first-round selections.

Buffalo: 9 picks; Rookie pool: $5,366,937
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Rookie allocations

That'll take care of about half of our remaining $10.5-11.0 Million in Cap space, if the numbers I've seen are accurate.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Re: Rookie allocations

And figure another 1-2 million the team will reserve to fill out the practice squad and sign mid-season injury replacements.

Also the team right now is only counting the top 51 towards the cap. Once all players are counted, another million or so will dissappear. (If I am worng, I am sure Clump will say so. )
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
      X